Confirmed with Link: Mitch Marner selected to the 2023 NHL All Star Game

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Should've been Nylander
Good for him but personally I would've liked Nylander to have been selected this time, the point streak is hard to deny though.
It was the NHL Hockey Operations who selected Marner because they picked 1 player from all 32 teams.

Starting tonight at 9:00 PM EST fans can vote on NHL.com and on Twitter for the remaining players.

Reactions: wingman75

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
The glue that holds the team together

It was the NHL Hockey Operations who selected Marner because they picked 1 player from all 32 teams.

Starting tonight at 9:00 PM EST fans can vote on NHL.com and on Twitter for the remaining players.
Hard to believe Leaf nation picks Nylander over Matthews

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Poor Mitch. He is stuck going to that waste of time while the rest of his teammates get to enjoy a nice break doing whatever they want.

The only positive for him is that it's in Florida, so at least he gets to enjoy some sun and golf.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Willie is having a better year and Matthews is better off taking time off anyway
I think Nylander would be better classified as 'Most Improved' .
For all around play, I think most see Marner as the better player this season.

Reactions: DarkKnight

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
When you look at entire season .. Mitch is da right choice .. this has been his best season yet as a Leaf .. he carried Matty early and now he is carrying JT .. well done

Reactions: Lauro

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Based on his consecutive point scoring streak and current stats Marner has been the Leafs most consistent and best player.

Willy is having a career year for himself including goal wise, but because Marner also kills penalties and is more well rounded player, which is why its likely the league went with Mitch.

I expect fans will vote Matthews to the AS Game as the reigning Hart and Rocket holder, who is the Leafs BEST player but not having the best season.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
"Too many folks on hockey Twitter think of the all star game as a serious contest "

Who in their right minds think it's a 'serious contest'?
The skills competition is entertaining. The game is snoozola

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006

"Low-stakes marketing opportunity." Pure and utter B.S.

Not having the best U.S. player in Matthews there is not wise marketing. Or the best U.S. goalie in Hellebuyck.

No Pastrnak, Draisaitl, Dahlin or Rantanen either.

But hey, everyone knows Brock Nelson and Kevin Hayes will boom those ratings.

The NHL has always been a joke and lagging behind in how to market the game and its stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad