Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Agree with Steelman's observations. They were expected to have Tippet back, and possibly M Mcleod. R Mcleod does not look like the player he was during last years playoffs. Tippet still has not even dressed for a NHL game either. No doubt this team is better even without the missing two then they are playing.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Aidan MacFarland has been waived through the OHL and signed with the Kingston Voyageurs of the OJHL.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Barrie has led the league in PIM's all year and yesterday they were burned for 2 PP goals. It happens.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
But what Tippet the great regular season player or the playoff bust.

It won’t be the 17 yr old sophomore that slotted behind Watson for top line and PP minutes. It will be the 18 yr old go to guy that just completed a ten week practice session with NHL players.

Last edited:

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
MMcLeod could be back shortly once he clears the Devils IR list, expected later this month.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
It won’t be the 17 yr old sophomore that slotted behind Watson for top line and PP minutes. It will be the 18 yr old go to guy that just completed a ten week practice session with NHL players.
Do the ice dogs have any worth while pieces to sell at the deadline?
Depends on the standings maybe Cormier and Shanker

three dog night

May 3, 2014
My apologies on Tippet but I thought he struggled in the first round against Ottawa the only question wil he bitter in returning and does Missy have the goaltending this year not impressed by Their goalie when I saw them play in Niagara.

Steelman

Sep 26, 2016
Ingham is struggling because their defense is soft outside their top 2 and their forwards cant drive play. W/ Tippett and most likely Mcleod back, they will drive offensive play and they will go out an acquire a top 2 d-man to play with Hague. Ingham season will turn around just like the rest of their team lately.

Steelman

Sep 26, 2016
Can anyone give me the projected lineup w/ Tippett and M.Mcleod in the lineup ?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Purely speculation,I would have to think the McLeod boys back together, Michnac paired with Tippet? T Fox could be the LW with 77, 74. Would like to hear what others think, or even better if they know.

jimyco

Oct 6, 2014
Mississauga, Ont
Ok, Mikey McLeod is back, Tippett is back and the Fish have been hot lately. In a league where no one has overly impressed me, an improvement on last year is definitely possible. I do believe the defense needs to get better, but when all you need is an overager, it is less difficult. This should be an exciting team, I hope more people come out to watch them.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Ok, Mikey McLeod is back, Tippett is back and the Fish have been hot lately. In a league where no one has overly impressed me, an improvement on last year is definitely possible. I do believe the defense needs to get better, but when all you need is an overager, it is less difficult. This should be an exciting team, I hope more people come out to watch them.
Nobody has really impressed me either with the exception of Sarnia, who had cooled off, and Owen Sound. The East is open, the Fish are certainly deeper then most on forward. Goaltending has been better as well. Hopefully somehow people will find out how good this team is and come all the way out to the middle of nowhere, where they built the Hershey Centre. Thanks to Rogers there isn't any local TV, and many home games don't even have highlights on the OHL website.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Speaking of defensemen, what was the back story behind Osmanski being traded? I figure there had to be more then just a "hockey" move considering he is a OHL veteran, received a pair of 4th round choices in exchange, did not expect to see a vet go this year especially.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Michnac is a great skater but he is killing the team with these penalties, now I see why he was available. Frustrating!
Me bad, he has turned it around a complete 180 the last three weeks, gotta give Jack his Jacket!

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Speaking of defensemen, what was the back story behind Osmanski being traded? I figure there had to be more then just a "hockey" move considering he is a OHL veteran, received a pair of 4th round choices in exchange, did not expect to see a vet go this year especially.

I'm sure the thinking was: He's not good enough to be in the Miss top 4 (Hague/Moverare/Gibson/Rippon are all better) and if you can flip him for picks then you kind of half to considering Mississauga has a very bare draft cupboard and will need to make trades to get better once Tippett/McLeod come back

Steelman

Sep 26, 2016
Never thought i'd see the day where somebody said Gibson was better than an NHL drafted defense-man. Gibson is on his way out for a real OA d-man. No way he plays in the top 4 if they want to compete in the playoffs. Maybe they pick up a younger guy that can play in the top 4, but if you're competing you want 3 good OA's. Last year they had Watson, Leblanc and Mancina. This year they have Fox, Cascagnette and Gibson??? Not the best OA group. I would keep Fox 100% though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad