Rosters and Ratings: Missing Players

SnoopDogg

Gin and Juice
Jan 13, 2016
Buffalo
Who are some players (preferably prospects) who aren’t in the game? I only follow the Sabres so I don’t know much about the other teams. I was doing franchise mode and had to add Mittelstadt and Antipin.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I'm currently editing teams. Doing them in alphabetical order and I'm working on Detroit currently, so I only know so far ...

Anaheim:

Mitch Hults
Angus Redmond

Arizona:
Mario Kempe
Jens Looke
Hunter Miska

Boston:
Anders Bjork
Ryan Fitzgerald

Buffalo:
Viktor Antipin

Calgary:
Spencer Foo
Josh Healey

Carolina:
-

Chicago:
Luc Snuggerud
Collin Delia

Colorado:
Andrei Mironov
Alexander Kerfoot
Dominic Toninato

Columbus:
Matiss Kivlenieks
Doyle Somerby
Ryan Collins

Dallas:
-

Detroit:
-

These are all players who have NHL contracts though. There should be quite a few more guys missing if you'd look at unsigned prospects. Basically anyone drafted out of the NCAA, USHL or the KHL.

Players marked in green are guys I have created. Though I'll create a few more once I'm done with all the teams. I'm hearing Kerfoot is having a good camp with the Avs, so he's someone I should probably create.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
I'm currently editing teams. Doing them in alphabetical order and I'm working on Detroit currently, so I only know so far ...

Anaheim:

Mitch Hults
Angus Redmond

Arizona:
Mario Kempe
Jens Looke
Hunter Miska

Boston:
Anders Bjork
Ryan Fitzgerald

Buffalo:
Viktor Antipin

Calgary:
Spencer Foo
Josh Healey

Carolina:
-

Chicago:
Luc Snuggerud
Collin Delia

Colorado:
Andrei Mironov
Alexander Kerfoot
Dominic Toninato

Columbus:
Matiss Kivlenieks
Doyle Somerby
Ryan Collins

Dallas:
-

Detroit:
-

These are all players who have NHL contracts though. There should be quite a few more guys missing if you'd look at unsigned prospects. Basically anyone drafted out of the NCAA, USHL or the KHL.

Players marked in green are guys I have created. Though I'll create a few more once I'm done with all the teams. I'm hearing Kerfoot is having a good camp with the Avs, so he's someone I should probably create.

I think you're missing Makar as well

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
It looks like Tanner Glass is not in the game, lol.

I wanted to move him to Calgary but I can't find him among the free agents, with the Rangers or with Hartford.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Can add Oskar Lindblom & Mark Freidman to this list for the Flyers.
Lindblom is in the game, he's still on Brynas's roster in the Swedish league by default. He should still be Flyers property in franchise mode; he is for me, at least.

You're right about Friedman, though. Wade Allison, Tanner Laczynski, Cooper Marody, Mikhail Vorobyev, and Kirill Ustimenko are a few other Philly prospects not in the game, though Vorobyev is the only one under contract now (he's playing for the Phantoms)

dropdeadjoey

Oct 23, 2014
Ontario
Lindblom is in the game, he's still on Brynas's roster in the Swedish league by default. He should still be Flyers property in franchise mode; he is for me, at least.

You're right about Friedman, though. Wade Allison, Tanner Laczynski, Cooper Marody, Mikhail Vorobyev, and Kirill Ustimenko are a few other Philly prospects not in the game, though Vorobyev is the only one under contract now (he's playing for the Phantoms)

Weird, I must have missed him. I know I saw him at one point but couldn't find him after the roster update. Friedman should be in the game as he's under contract. The rest of course are from leagues where EA doesn't have a licence.

I'd like to see EA add the USHL now that prospects are coming out of there more frequently.

pucksandpups

Feb 18, 2015
Chicago, IL

You might not be using the most up to date roster in that save file. I checked Philly, LV, and Brynas and even started a new franchise mode with the newest roster and he's not there. For me at least.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Screw EA's rating. Actually hate the lower overall's. It's okay for bottom line players, and having a big gap between bottom 6 players and top line players. But don't like the overall's. EA puts almost every potential too low for my liking. Alot of good prospects put into Red Potential. From experience, they never develop, and are just done if Red Potential.

So have spent the past couple days editing the full on rosters myself. Now I just need to decide If I add in the prospects that EA hasn't (US, Euro) prospects. There's quite a few EA hasn't added (I understand not having rights to American/KHL players), but there's like 45+ prospects not in the game.

However, from what I've gathered having a quick glance, these are the notable's missing for various reasons from the game:

Tage Thompson - St Louis
Luke Kunin Minnesota
Tucker Poolman - Winnipeg
Alex Kerfoot - Colorado
Will Butcher - New Jersey
cale makar - colorado
samsamov - washington
case mitteltadt - buffalo
andrei mironov - colorado
anders bjork - boston
josh norris - san jose
ryan poehling - montreal
shane bowers - ottawa
eeli tolvanen - nashville
klim kostin - st. louis
dante fabbro - nashville
kieffer bellows - islanders
cholowksi - detroit
german rubtsov - philly
borgstrom - florida
tufte - dallas
tret frederic - boston
jordan greenway - minnesota

Please let me know If I am missing any, notable ones especially, or anyone is in the game and I didn't notice. Haven't got to editing the CHL yet, so may've missed a few.

Also for the up-coming Entry Draft's can someone insight into who needs to be added, think I saw Svechnikov Tkachuk, and Boqvist were the most notable that needed to be added. Any help would be appreciated, and hope some of my post helped to.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Screw EA's rating. Actually hate the lower overall's. It's okay for bottom line players, and having a big gap between bottom 6 players and top line players. But don't like the overall's. EA puts almost every potential too low for my liking. Alot of good prospects put into Red Potential. From experience, they never develop, and are just done if Red Potential.

So have spent the past couple days editing the full on rosters myself. Now I just need to decide If I add in the prospects that EA hasn't (US, Euro) prospects. There's quite a few EA hasn't added (I understand not having rights to American/KHL players), but there's like 45+ prospects not in the game.

However, from what I've gathered having a quick glance, these are the notable's missing for various reasons from the game:

Tage Thompson - St Louis
Luke Kunin Minnesota
Alex Kerfoot - Colorado
cale makar - colorado
samsamov - washington
anders bjork - boston
josh norris - san jose
ryan poehling - montreal
shane bowers - ottawa
klim kostin - st. louis
dante fabbro - nashville
cholowksi - detroit
german rubtsov - philly
borgstrom - florida
tufte - dallas
tret frederic - boston

Please let me know If I am missing any, notable ones especially, or anyone is in the game and I didn't notice. Haven't got to editing the CHL yet, so may've missed a few.

Also for the up-coming Entry Draft's can someone insight into who needs to be added, think I saw Svechnikov Tkachuk, and Boqvist were the most notable that needed to be added. Any help would be appreciated, and hope some of my post helped to.

90+ imo should be an overall for the very elite imo. In NHL 2017 there was 56 players with 90+ overalls, which is flat out absurd. I'd rather have it like it is now. Also, most prospects don't end up carving out an NHL career. In past games I'd have 3-4 guys from every draft become regular NHL players, which is completely unrealistic.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Tage Thompson - St Louis
Luke Kunin Minnesota
Alex Kerfoot - Colorado
cale makar - colorado
samsamov - washington
anders bjork - boston
josh norris - san jose
ryan poehling - montreal
shane bowers - ottawa
klim kostin - st. louis
dante fabbro - nashville
cholowksi - detroit
german rubtsov - philly
borgstrom - florida
tufte - dallas
tret frederic - boston

Pittsburgh is a mess with their prospects. From the last update, Daniel Sprong has disappeared and there is not Adam Johnson, Zach Aston Reese are the major standouts missing.

RandyBobandi

Apr 16, 2012
Saskatchewan
The reason why guys like Aston Reese, Johnson, Kerfoot, Bjork and other guys jumping from NCAA to the NHL or AHL has to do with using their player likeness. The NCAA doesn't allow that to happen and so guys coming from college are rarely around in the first roster update I guess it takes a while for the player to sign off on the game using them. Cholowski and Bellows should be on the next update since they are playing in the WHL now.

Olax

Jun 15, 2009
At least Henrik Haapala from Florida disappeared in the latest roster update.
Maxim Mamin still missing from Florida (Springfield).

Those are the most notable ones from FLA.

Has anyone heard from EA via twitter or other channels about whether/when they will be making another roster fix soon?

afrobomber11

May 23, 2010
Flin Flon Manitoba
my question is all these guys are under an nhl contract, so why is it that we have to wait till they play until they can be added, seems to me once your under contract you could be added to the game and bang your on the first update with everyone, minus maybe the chl which needs to be the second update no big deal??

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
This game is so freakin' broken.

If you don't sign your prospects right away they go to free agency, even if they don't have an expiring contract.

Think it's unsigned players already drafted before starting your GM:

an example Matthew Strome with the Flyers goes to F/A if he isn't signed immediately after year one.

Quite annoying. I usually sign my prospects (unless they're ready) when the UFA is about to come up, have to save on contracts...

This game is beyond buggy, I'm just noticing it all now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad