NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIII: 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs for Thee

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Wonder if they try and cut bait with PLD before his NMC kicks in July 1st.

That trade was nonsensical the day it happened and looks 10 times worse now.

That guy is an absolute MUTT, and they moved some really valuable assets for him.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
That trade was nonsensical the day it happened and looks 10 times worse now.

That guy is an absolute MUTT, and they moved some really valuable assets for him.
Those two Kings guys were dog shit in the playoffs as well, but still a homerun to not pay that bum.

Reactions: Rebels57

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
A PLD buyout really isn't that bad from a cap perspective. It's 1.31 x 7, starting in 2031-32. If you're the GM, that's someone else's problem.

Reactions: Rebels57

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I see the Wolves have come crawling back to the Canes
Three year agreement, and apparently the Canes will have total control of hockey operations, which sounds pretty neat. Part of the reason the relationship got so fractured last time was Carolina brass wanting Kochetkov to play more games, but the Wolves wanted to start Alex Lyon.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Three year agreement, and apparently the Canes will have total control of hockey operations, which sounds pretty neat. Part of the reason the relationship got so fractured last time was Carolina brass wanting Kochetkov to play more games, but the Wolves wanted to start Alex Lyon.
The best AHL organizations find the perfect balance of youth and high quality vets, which Carolina obviously mastered in the past (as you know!) given 2019 and 2022. I know Chicago still fancies itself an IHL team but I thought it was weird they pulled the plug after just one down year. The big time AHL markets can be like that though. There were Bears fans clamoring for the team to break up with the Caps after just one poor offseason and bad year (just the second and last time they've missed the playoffs since the affiliation started in 2005) in 2017-18.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was hoping to Wolves would stick to their guns, if only because it would be more interesting. But I know there’s belief that if they kept it up, they were going to pass a bylaw forcing everyone to have an affiliation.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
first break of the second and the Bruins only have one shot

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Not a fan of those new Bruins jerseys. Their old one was iconic. Why change it? The new one looks like a generic Blackhawks ripoff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad