Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
1) Joel Eriksson Ek
2) Kirill Kaprizov
3) Luke Kunin
4) Gustav Olofsson
5) ?

* I dropped Reilly from the polls as he is no longer Calder eligible.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Would have been Reilly, but he was dropped.

Sokolov, only because he's under contract and Greenway and Belpedio aren't.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Sokolov, because of my homer voting... seriously though, 58 goals/0.75 gpg - I hope I don't have to explain why he was considered the most talented guy in his age group (and Sergachev wasn't even in a conversation). Still a high-risk/high-reward though, but I just mean that the possible reward is sky-high, so I really want him to succeed.

Last edited:

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Sokolov, because of my homer voting... seriously though, 56 goals/0.75 gpg - I hope I don't have to explain why he was considered the most talented guy in his age group (and Sergachev wasn't even in a conversation). Still a high-risk/high-reward though, but I just mean that the possible reward is sky-high, so I really want him to succeed.

I think we all do!

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Would have been Reilly, but he was dropped.

Sokolov, only because he's under contract and Greenway and Belpedio aren't.

Huh? When did that happen? I just googled it to check for myself and can't find anything about it happening. Only thing I can even find about an ELC for him is from a hockey wilderness article about prospects camp this year, saying:

Among the draft picks prior to 2017, Sokolov is the only member of the Wild organization who was drafted, eligible to sign a contract (without playing in the NCAA), has played professionally in the farm system, and is attending camp, but without a signed ELC.

Anyway, contract situation aside, I'm still picking Greenway. He's still two years away from finishing out college. I'll be concerned only if he goes back his senior year.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Huh? When did that happen? I just googled it to check for myself and can't find anything about it happening. Only thing I can even find about an ELC for him is from a hockey wilderness article about prospects camp this year, saying:

Anyway, contract situation aside, I'm still picking Greenway. He's still two years away from finishing out college. I'll be concerned only if he goes back his senior year.

That's right, Sokolov only signed an ATO at the end of last season. I know he got a couple of games in the AHL and scored a goal. He was in that group with Kunin and Kloos and I thought he had a similar contract situation to theirs. :dunno:

I'm really not sure Greenway will end up with the Wild. With the Wild's LW depth he could decide to go the 4 yr college then UFA route. If he signs after this college season great, I'd have him 4th on my list.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Sokolov, because of my homer voting... seriously though, 56 goals/0.75 gpg - I hope I don't have to explain why he was considered the most talented guy in his age group (and Sergachev wasn't even in a conversation). Still a high-risk/high-reward though, but I just mean that the possible reward is sky-high, so I really want him to succeed.

54 goals including playoffs/48 G regular season?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
That's right, Sokolov only signed an ATO at the end of last season. I know he got a couple of games in the AHL and scored a goal. He was in that group with Kunin and Kloos and I thought he had a similar contract situation to theirs. :dunno:

I'm really not sure Greenway will end up with the Wild. With the Wild's LW depth he could decide to go the 4 yr college then UFA route. If he signs after this college season great, I'd have him 4th on my list.

Ah, that makes sense. I had actually forgotten that he played any games for Iowa.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005

I don't see any reason to think this. Zero doubt in my mind he will sign after this season.

Voted Greenway 4th, so voting him here as well.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Greenway said this summer he had no intention of becoming a free agent. I think he was interested in the Olympics, winning a title, and improving as a player to make it easier to go NHL full-time. Also he can play either wing. Good upside. I do think one of this seasons' draftees will push him in this ranking next summer.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Greenway. He's got a chance to be "the guy" at BU this year and I'm excited to see if he can take advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad