GDT: Minnesota Wild @ LA Kings GDT 4/4/13

frozenriverrat77

Do Vu's New Voodoo
May 20, 2011
Chicago
So you're saying the playoff order is determined at the start of the year and it's just statistical deviation up to that point?

:help:

Yes of course...the question is what is the deviation...and how accurate r ur initial assumptions

Btw don't confuse this stats description with the stats u read on NHL.com or wherever....a characteristic like "will" plays a huge role as does "luck"...that doesn't necessarily show up in the NHL stats

Generally, including all factors...including "will" and "luck" there is some mean point...and there are normal deviations from that point

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
This team is a wreck and it needs more than just a few days rest.

Dont underestimate what a few days rest and a real practice can do. Get our first D pairing some rest, let Pommer gel with Parise and Mikko a little more, and get back to work.

Dont forget Backstrom always goes into beast mode when he gets pulled.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
Yes of course...the question is what is the deviation...and how accurate r ur initial assumptions

Btw don't confuse this stats description with the stats u read on NHL.com or wherever....a characteristic like "will" plays a huge role as does "luck"...that doesn't necessarily show up in the NHL stats

Generally, including all factors...including "will" and "luck" there is some mean point...and there are normal deviations from that point

teams aren't a static variable.

frozenriverrat77

Do Vu's New Voodoo
May 20, 2011
Chicago
Clearly if you lose two top players during a season, it was preordained :laugh:

Of course u could code for the likelihood of the vu having an injury...and get the probability of that and factor it into a determination of whether they make the playoff or not...stats has nothing to do with ordained or not

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
Can't really express emotion through text so you have to exaggerate. I'm about as laid back as anyone you'd meet.

Gotta be honest, Jarick. I did not have you in mind when I typed that question. You've seemed pretty level headed and calm no matter what you've been typing about.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Someone quick, give me the Top 3 reasons why Stoner shouldn't be scratched after terrible performances in the last 4 games.

OpRedDawn*

Someone quick, give me the Top 3 reasons why Stoner shouldn't be scratched after terrible performances in the last 4 games.

Mike Yeo is the coach
The coach is Mike Yeo
Mike Yeo is the coach and the coach is Mike Yeo

:sarcasm:

THEALLKNOWING*

1) because someone bigger than Spurgeon, has to play with Spurgeon
2) because a d-man has to eat minutes during a game or else Suter would be playing 65 minutes (regular game plus overtime)
3) because people have to focus on how poorly Stoner has done so they don't have to focus how bad Sprugeon is at even strength and on PK.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
So how is the mood here? Optimistic, Comfortably numb, Nervous, or in full panic mode?
Speaking for my self i would say comfortably numb but optimistic. We have played some real downers the past 3 games but i don't think this team is nearly as bad as they played in those games and will get out of that funk.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
Speaking for my self i would say comfortably numb but optimistic. We have played some real downers the past 3 games but i don't think this team is nearly as bad as they played in those games and will get out of that funk.

Pretty much where I am as well. Disappointed lately, but the Wild are still in a playoff spot and have just got a very good player in Pominville. They will turn it around soon, and we will get Cullen back in a couple of games or so and Heater hopefully back before the end of the season. A few days of and a practice or two will do this team good. No need to panic.

Piffles

Jul 4, 2012

Pretty much where I am as well. Disappointed lately, but the Wild are still in a playoff spot and have just got a very good player in Pominville. They will turn it around soon, and we will get Cullen back in a couple of games or so and Heater hopefully back before the end of the season. A few days of and a practice or two will do this team good. No need to panic.

I'm slightly more optimistic than these two. Overall, though, I think we'll be fine.

J22*

1. Putting Nate Prosser in the lineup breaks up the top pairing and nobody wants to see that.

2. Brett Clark really isnt an upgrade over Stoner

3. For the Wild to be a good team they need Stoner to regain his level of play from earlier in the year.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
1. Putting Nate Prosser in the lineup breaks up the top pairing and nobody wants to see that.

3. For the Wild to be a good team they need Stoner to regain his level of play from earlier in the year.

I disagree w/ #2

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I was probably more disappointed in Brodziak than any other player last night....what the hell is up with him? He looked extremely lazy on some shifts. If it weren't for our lack of center depth at the moment, I would suggest that he should be a candidate for compliancy buyout along with Heatley if he keeps it up.

Equally disappointed in both Brodziak and Bouchard.... but Bouchard is the only one we can really bench because of Cullen's injury.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Dont underestimate what a few days rest and a real practice can do. Get our first D pairing some rest, let Pommer gel with Parise and Mikko a little more, and get back to work.

Dont forget Backstrom always goes into beast mode when he gets pulled.
I wouldn't "COUNT" on it happening though... streaks come to an end all the time.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

1. We have a better record when Prosser is playing. Think Russo said we have only lost 4 games when he's on D. And why would it break up the top line? It hasn't before unless Yeo has gotten desperate and split them in hopes of bringing the level of D up a notch....which it never does.

2. Totally disagree with that. Put Gilbert/Falk and Spurgeon/Clark and I think we upgraded hand over fist than when Stoner is out there.

3. He was terrible at the start of the year. At least Falk has shown some more sense on the ice. I watch the D with a critical eyes over any other position because like many, I knew it would be our weak spot. Stoner has been the worst one we've had out there this year.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
1. We have a better record when Prosser is playing. Think Russo said we have only lost 4 games when he's on D. And why would it break up the top line? It hasn't before unless Yeo has gotten desperate and split them in hopes of bringing the level of D up a notch....which it never does.

2. Totally disagree with that. Put Gilbert/Falk and Spurgeon/Clark and I think we upgraded hand over fist than when Stoner is out there.

3. He was terrible at the start of the year. At least Falk has shown some more sense on the ice. I watch the D with a critical eyes over any other position because like many, I knew it would be our weak spot. Stoner has been the worst one we've had out there this year.

Prosser has only played 15 games, and the last few were at forward, so that's not a good thing... Also it does break up the top pair as Yeo has already said after experimenting etc, none of the right shot defensemen on the roster feel comfortable playing the left side. That's why we picked up Brett Clark if you remember. You couldn't scratch Falk and put in Prosser without splitting the top pair.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Honestly, I'm ready to bring Prosser/Falk and scratch Stoner.

Billy Mays Here*

I'm amazed at how bad Yeo's decision making is when it comes to which goalie gets the start. I, a random poster on a hockey chat website, make better decisions than him in that area.

1. Backstrom is almost always bad when starting a 2nd night in a row
2. Backstrom is bad in the following buildings:

Chicago
Dallas
Detroit
Los Angeles
Vancouver (with our win there this season being the exception)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad