Minnesota Wild General Discussion XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hope that Addison gets time up here to show what he can do, and he does it. He definitely has some of the tools, and as long as he honors the D side I have somewhat high hopes. He is a smart offensive player, but in the AHL he was sometimes apathetic(rather than poor) defensively, and also had a short fuse that resulted in some dumb(retaliation, fights during close games) penalties. I am hoping the promotion will focus him mentally... he needs to play a smart game to stay up.

I can definitely see a lineup with him and Dumba on the team in the future, especially if Kulikov, Brodin, and Merrill(and eventually ROR/Lambos/Hunt/Peart) are on the other side. It's a bit awkward having your best three PP Dmen being righties, but not so much if our best PP forwards(Fiala, Boldy, Kap, Zuc) are LH.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Foligno has been held pointless in the past 6 games.

Greenway hasn't scored since December 9th and has a whopping 7 points in the past 21 games (2 goals and 5 assists)

Hartman has 1 goal in the past 10 games and 4 assists.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Hawks fan coming in peace. I enjoy watching the new version of the Wild. Exciting and fun! One thing to keep in mind is every good team has a lull during a long season. They are tough to ride out but it is inevitable. We had people wanting to trade Kane for Christ sake when he had his floater weeks. Being pragmatic helps a bit on dealing with it. As does alcohol.

BG has a plan and seems to be the best GM you have had. Enjoy the ride because I think he is a smart guy and will only make you better in the end. He is not going to sell the farm for short term success.

Anyhoo…..flame away if you feel the need.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Hawks fan coming in peace. I enjoy watching the new version of the Wild. Exciting and fun! One thing to keep in mind is every good team has a lull during a long season. They are tough to ride out but it is inevitable. We had people wanting to trade Kane for Christ sake when he had his floater weeks. Being pragmatic helps a bit on dealing with it. As does alcohol.

BG has a plan and seems to be the best GM you have had. Enjoy the ride because I think he is a smart guy and will only make you better in the end. He is not going to sell the farm for short term success.

Literally none of our top players is a Bill Guerin acquisition.

Kaprizov = Fletcher
Boldy = Fenton
Zuccarello = Fenton
Brodin = Fletcher
Dumba = Fletcher
Fiala = Fenton
Ek = Fletcher
Spurgeon = Fletcher

Reactions: Nino Noderreiter

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Yes. But he hasn’t sold the farm for short term gain which in today’s nhl doesn’t work like it used to. I still think BG is a good GM having the sack to drop Suter and Parise. It was a tough call but needed. Once the dead money is gone you will be set.

he has been GM for what…2 years or so? He has made an impact in that short time.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Literally none of our top players is a Bill Guerin acquisition.

Kaprizov = Fletcher
Boldy = Fenton
Zuccarello = Fenton
Brodin = Fletcher
Dumba = Fletcher
Fiala = Fenton
Ek = Fletcher
Spurgeon = Fletcher
I'm glad he weeded what needed weeding, and let the flowers bloom, even if they weren't planted by him.

Besides, some of the players he drafted and traded for will likely end up being key contributors in the future, and maybe the next GM will get to enjoy those, as he's enjoying Fletcher's and Fenton's.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Me thinks the Wild need to try very hard to keep Fiala. Such talented players are hard to come by. If it comes down to him vs Dumba, I'm taking Fiala easily.

Reactions: MNRube

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yes. But he hasn’t sold the farm for short term gain which in today’s nhl doesn’t work like it used to. I still think BG is a good GM having the sack to drop Suter and Parise. It was a tough call but needed. Once the dead money is gone you will be set.

he has been GM for what…2 years or so? He has made an impact in that short time.
I don't think he's a bad GM, it's just that the jury is still out on him for sure.

The dead money will be a pretty big handicap to deal with for the next several years.

Reactions: BagHead

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

This is his third season and so far the only impact he's made is that we're "more fun to watch now", and again, none of the players on the team were his acquisitions. We still haven't gone anywhere in the playoffs yet.

Reactions: TaLoN

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Yeah Greenway should have never been re-signed. Very replaceable player.

I thought he was gone and I was really looking forward too it.

Howdy. No need to flame....lol. I think you'd find that this is a very chill team board compared to almost all others at HFB.

As others have said, he has done a good job of trimming the weeds (I like the way Baghead put that) but he has yet to really put his stamp on the team with a signature move. Curious to see what he does, if anything, at the trade deadline.

Last edited by a moderator:

P10p

May 15, 2012
Menell having a not so great season with 3 points in 13 games for the Marlies.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I thought he was gone and I was really looking forward too it.
With the huge Cap hit for three more years what can GMBG really do? The Wild are certainly not a rental away from contending. With no $ in reserve it seems the best we can hope for are to make good picks and develop them well. Im certainly wondering why Greenway needed to be locked up now. Seems that the team as is , is the best we will see for awhile.

Howdy. No need to flame....lol. I think you'd find that this is a very chill team board compared to almost all others at HFB.

As others have said, he has done a good job of trimming the weeds (I like the way Baghead put that) but he has yet to really put his stamp on the team with a signature move. Curious to see what he does, if anything, at the trade deadline.
With the huge Cap hit for three more years what can GMBG really do? The Wild are certainly not a rental away from contending. With no $ in reserve it seems the best we can hope for are to make good picks and develop them well. Im certainly wondering why Greenway needed to be locked up now. Seems that the team as is , is the best we will see for awhile.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I was a big Greenway liker, as always saw what I thought he could be, rather than what he is. I have come around to the idea that he is what he is - a bigger, less skilled, LH, Charlie Coyle who can't play C. :(

Reactions: BlackBusa24

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Boldy being as good as he has been completely changed the complexion of this core. It’s like we ranked and got a top 3 pick without actually tanking. Can’t believe how good he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig