Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2023-24

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If he doesn’t want to sign you need to establish that now and trade him this offseason before he controls the outcome. Guerin has bungled this badly
Why would you trade the best player in franchise history before you have to. Guerin needs to have a sense of if Kaprizov will work with him to get a deal done to his preferred destination with an extension, but that shouldn’t be an issue. Similar to the Fiala situation, but this doesn’t have to happen now.

Reactions: MuckOG

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If he doesn’t want to sign you need to establish that now and trade him this offseason before he controls the outcome. Guerin has bungled this badly

If Guerin doesn't believe that Kaprizov is interested in re-signing, only then does he entertain the thought of trading him. We are very far away from that happening.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
If Kap doesn’t want to sign and Guerin lets him get to his mtg this summer then you are looking at having to trade him with one year left on a deal when he hold all the cards on his destination. His value would be significantly less than this summer.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If Kap doesn’t want to sign and Guerin lets him get to his mtg this summer then you are looking at having to trade him with one year left on a deal when he hold all the cards on his destination. His value would be significantly less than this summer.
You’re going to have to trade him with an extension in place to maximize his value either way. This summer or next is a moot point

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
No he hasn’t. You’re making up stuff and then going on an emotional rollercoaster.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's not like we'll get nothing for him. There is still value to the team trading for him getting him on their roster for that first season, and there's value to him getting on that new team before UFA. I guess there's a chance that he says "this team or else", but I think it's fairly small. As long as there's more than 1 team, they'll be vying for his services.

Last edited:

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Zero problems with giving Kaprizov a NMC. Some of us are planning on him being extended.
Of the price is like 11m id fight tooth and nail to extend him as well. If he wants 12+ im less excited but depending on term I probably still try to sign him. I just think we all know where this is going. We’ve wasted his prime years surrounding him with middling teams and he if I was him I’d want out of MN.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
we’ll see how far Dallas can go without a superstar
Not sure there is any blueliners outside of Makar I’d rather have for a playoff run than Miro. Then you add Hintz, Robertson, Johnston, Stankoven, Harley, Oettinger and others. Maybe the best overall roster in the NHL with more than enough star-power

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Of the price is like 11m id fight tooth and nail to extend him as well. If he wants 12+ im less excited but depending on term I probably still try to sign him. I just think we all know where this is going. We’ve wasted his prime years surrounding him with middling teams and he if I was him I’d want out of MN.
Thankfully, Kaprizov isn’t you.

He still has a number of prime years left and the goal SHOULD be to surround him with more talent.

Russo’s latest podcast was talking about Perron as a free agent 1 year stop gap before the major dead cap drops.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
Thankfully, Kaprizov isn’t you.

He still has a number of prime years left and the goal SHOULD be to surround him with more talent.

Some people just don't like nice things, this is exactly what we should be doing. Another season to get the youth some experience and then we have some ammo to get some talent without trading anything away.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Some people just don't like nice things, this is exactly what we should be doing. Another season to get the youth some experience and then we have some ammo to get some talent without trading anything away.
Let’s hear about this ammo we’re gonna have?

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I feel good with where we are heading. We have talent coming. Just needs a little bit of time. 1 year stop gaps could be huge depending on the price.

I’m also not convinced that Ohgren can’t immediately make an impact on the 2nd line.

Will Yurov sign? That’s another cog.

Gus trade and Wallstedt in net?

Transitions can be fun.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
25 years of SO CLOSE , ALMOST THERE

Blah blah blah blah

When Kap walks for free I’ll just laugh

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
25 years of SO CLOSE , ALMOST THERE

Blah blah blah blah

When Kap walks for free I’ll just laugh
You keep saying that, yet it's never been true. Who are you referring to (over the past 25 years) that has been saying such a thing? Who has said they are ALMOST THERE!?

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
You keep saying that, yet it's never been true. Who are you referring to (over the past 25 years) that has been saying such a thing? Who has said they are ALMOST THERE!?
Do you like under a rock? Heard it plenty even this year

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
I want to know what the f***ing color of the sky is in your world.

Nobody. NOBODY has said we’re close to a Cup team this year (or even next).

This is correct, especially the sky part, but who has time for that when you can say people have said we were close to a cup 25 years straight all dramatic like.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Do you like under a rock? Heard it plenty even this year
Who has said they are so so close to being a Cup team? I've seen fans over the years (myself included) saying we have potential to be competitive down the road with the prospects in the pipeline. I've seen that a lot over the last 25 years. But being optimistic is quite different from declaring they are THIS CLOSE to winning a Cup. Even going back to the old Wild forum in 2003, it was rare to see anyone say we are just "this close" to winning it all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad