Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2023-24

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
With those picks, maybe you justify an offersheet if the right player is there. Or just general future value being good when theres space to make trades.
My thought is, if they aren't able to add a lot of salary in the summer of 2025 (the first summer with no major buyout penalties), then they'll use these picks to add as much as they can at the 2026 TDL.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If Gus is traded this offseason, what would you all expect in a trade? Russo briefly mentioned getting a late 1st or 2nd round pick in the latest Worst Seats in the House podcast. Not sure how likely a 1st is.

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
I'm not sure if its a good idea to trade Gus now after a so-so season when his trade value is low. It's questionable too if Wally & MAF are good enough to get us into playoffs next season.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Any chance Hartman would be available for Buffalo? I think he’d be a really solid bottom-6 add for us. We have prospects and young players. Jokhiharju, Krebs and prospects.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
hartman is such a hard working guy, i know hes not worth a 1st however hes worth more than a 2nd imo. i'd rather we trade freddy g & marcus johanson before we trade hartman. just my thought.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
hartman is such a hard working guy, i know hes not worth a 1st however hes worth more than a 2nd imo. i'd rather we trade freddy g & marcus johanson before we trade hartman. just my thought.
He's worth a late 1st, i would think. Productive(within reason), physical, reasonably good skill, and versatile (RW/C).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Any chance Hartman would be available for Buffalo? I think he’d be a really solid bottom-6 add for us. We have prospects and young players. Jokhiharju, Krebs and prospects.
MN's depth players are atrocious, and they are now less tough after losing Maroon and Duhaime. Hartman is one of the few quality depth players who also adds a bit of bark and bite to the team. I don't think he'd be available, especially with Foligno also getting injured two years in a row.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Hartman is the perfect 3rd line agitator. Has scoring abilities, can hold his own defensively & has proven he’s capable of filling into a Top 6 role when needed.

I’m not interested in trading him, but it’s not something I’d completely be against if we needed the cap. Wouldn’t have ever considered trading him if Foligno was gone this offseason like he should’ve been.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Hartman is the perfect 3rd line agitator. Has scoring abilities, can hold his own defensively & has proven he’s capable of filling into a Top 6 role when needed.

I’m not interested in trading him, but it’s not something I’d completely be against if we needed the cap. Wouldn’t have ever considered trading him if Foligno was gone this offseason like he should’ve been.

Agreed. We could use a couple of more Hartman-type players in the bottom six. I would prefer to hold onto the only one we have.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Just so long as he waits for his pitch, I'm fine with that.
I mean they need to go all in to add to this u27 core to convince Kaprizov to stay. I think they’ll add multiple pieces. Maybe a Konecny / Farabee + Chycrun. Either Konecny or Chycrun would need retention on their deals to make it work unless you trade Gus. Probably would try and get Gaudreau going the other way in one of the deals as well. If Kaprizov still doesn’t want to stay, you can trade him next offseason for a real high-end prospect and then spend the 12+M in FA.

This is just how I see them playing it. Leipold isn’t going to tell Guerin to be careful with futures either. 13 + Next years first are probably gone.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I mean they need to go all in to add to this u27 core to convince Kaprizov to stay. I think they’ll add multiple pieces. Maybe a Konecny / Farabee + Chycrun. Either Konecny or Chycrun would need retention on their deals to make it work unless you trade Gus. Probably would try and get Gaudreau going the other way in one of the deals as well. If Kaprizov still doesn’t want to stay, you can trade him next offseason for a real high-end prospect and then spend the 12+M in FA.

This is just how I see them playing it. Leipold isn’t going to tell Guerin to be careful with futures either. 13 + Next years first are probably gone.
No , you can’t trade him next offseason

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
No , you can’t trade him next offseason
Well, if he doesn't want to stick around they can, it's just to a team of his choosing, and that would significantly affect the return. That team would be buying two years of Kaprizov and a chance to re-sign him before anyone else. The Wild would probably also have to retain salary to make any trade work, as I think that's actually the more difficult of the two constraints.

I'm not sure what kind of return the Wild would get for a 50% retained Kaprizov in a market of only one other team, but I think that's the reality of trading him. It's sort of a Pominville to the Wild type of trade, except Kaprizov is much more skilled, yet has more control in the situation.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Well, if he doesn't want to stick around they can, it's just to a team of his choosing, and that would significantly affect the return. That team would be buying two years of Kaprizov and a chance to re-sign him before anyone else. The Wild would probably also have to retain salary to make any trade work, as I think that's actually the more difficult of the two constraints.

I'm not sure what kind of return the Wild would get for a 50% retained Kaprizov in a market of only one other team, but I think that's the reality of trading him. It's sort of a Pominville to the Wild type of trade, except Kaprizov is much more skilled, yet has more control in the situation.
If he doesn’t want to sign you need to establish that now and trade him this offseason before he controls the outcome. Guerin has bungled this badly

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
If he doesn’t want to sign you need to establish that now and trade him this offseason before he controls the outcome. Guerin has bungled this badly
I think the only problem with that is that he may not know yet. A lot can change in 2-3 years. If I were Kaprizov, I'd be waiting to see what Guerin does once the buyouts are off the books before making any decision like that. If the team looks like it's going to be a contender, I'd rather stay put than go to an unknown situation on another contender.

Reactions: fgobuzz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad