Confirmed with Link: Minnesota signs Kaapo Kahkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
Hey some good news! I was big for signing him so this good news will get me through the rest of finals week!

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Not gonna lie, really strange that deals are still happening when we don't have a GM.

You would think that a new GM would want to make these decisions to get a few "wins" under his belt right away and to develop a report with these new players.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The Martinsson one was a little odd, but signing drafted prospects to ELC's seems straightforward enough to just need a warm body to sign the paperwork.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm surprised, in a good way, that the deal got signed. It sounded rather dire from some reports.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Glad he got signed. Might not be anything but at least it's something in the future for goaltender.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Good goalie, I think that he might have NHL potential with good tutelage.

And he's also a certified "jumaliste mikä seppä".

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Clears throat

"JA NYT MUUTEN LÄHETÄÄN HAKEE! KAAPO! KAAPO! KAAPO! JES! JES!! JES!!!"

And now that this is out of the way... great! Wanted to see Kaapo signed for a long time. He's been very solid in Finland, and is still young. Plenty of upside in him. Would love to see him get over here and show what he's got. Granted, Finland is not a bad place for a goalie to develop further either, but eventually he does need to make the jump.

Just glad his career has been good so far. Hopefully, it continues that way.

Reactions: Lapa

Deleted member 55113

How will he fit into the AHL, between Michalek and Svedberg? Both are FAs, so assume one goes? Or sign both and keep Michalek in the ECHL?

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
How will he fit into the AHL, between Michalek and Svedberg? Both are FAs, so assume one goes? Or sign both and keep Michalek in the ECHL?

I think Kahkonen is the number three guy immediately. Michalek could be traded since he has a decent track record in the AHL. Beribeau is probably either the AHL backup or the starter in Rapid City.

And they'll almost definitely draft a goalie this June.

Reactions: Rimsky44

Deleted member 55113

And they'll almost definitely draft a goalie this June.

Given the goalie pipeline, they're almost better drafting (or signing older UFA) - Veini Vehviläinen had a solid year last year and would provide Kaapo competition to keep him honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad