McKenzie: Minnesota is going to move a defenseman, I believe, at some point here today.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Scandella just makes so much more sense than anyone else. Also, as a wild fan i want to see a trade happen just for some excitement but we've been hearing this "Minnesota expected to make a trade today" for too long now. Lets just see it happen!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Suter to Montreal because Bergevin has dreams about that Nashville pairing.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Likely to be Scandella so maybe MTL?

I kept thinking that Montreal needs LHD at the expansion draft and therefore they'd be a good fit, but the more I think about the situation, the more I believe that they're not ideal trading partners.

Minnesota has extra "d" but is still trying to compete. They'll need an NHL ready replacement. Maybe Minnesota is interested in Benn, but I imagine they want someone better and younger who is NHL ready to try and replace Scandella.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
No sense in moving Brodin or Dumba anymore. It'll be Scandella for picks/prospects:

Brodin might lure the loot, but Scandella may be the easiest to part with after back-to-back erratic years. It sounds as if the Wild is reluctant to trade Brodin and a right-shot defenseman in Dumba, one of its best offensive blue-liners, unless the price is supreme.

However, Fletcher said Thursday night, “Teams are calling on everybody. I’m not limited to anybody. I’ll talk to anybody about anybody. So we’ll keep talking.â€

While Fletcher is open to receiving an “immediate player†back, he talked mostly Thursday about trading for futures (i.e. picks and prospects) to create flexibility heading into contract negotiations with key players, as well as free agents.

Wild GM Chuck Fletcher might now trade defenseman

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Depending on which defenseman I would hope the Leafs are in on these discussions

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Scandella for Koekkoek +? Koekkoek is a good skating lefty, but we have Surge now so I don't know what the long-term plans are here. He's still got potential but hasn't established in the NHL yet.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I kept thinking that Montreal needs LHD at the expansion draft and therefore they'd be a good fit, but the more I think about the situation, the more I believe that they're not ideal trading partners.

Minnesota has extra "d" but is still trying to compete. They'll need an NHL ready replacement. Maybe Minnesota is interested in Benn, but I imagine they want someone better and younger who is NHL ready to try and replace Scandella.

Minnesota's got LD replacements out the wazoo, that's why Scandella's likely to go. The Wild probably don't want any roster players back, at least none that carry significant cap hits.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Would something like Davidson and a 2nd work? Can add another pick or prospect, Davidson is pretty cheap and can play on the third pairing.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Minnesota's got LD replacements out the wazoo, that's why Scandella's likely to go. The Wild probably don't want any roster players back, at least none that carry significant cap hits.

As a Habs fan, i would say Scandella for our first or an nhl ready prospect forward on elc like McCarron or Hudon + 2nd pick.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Scandella for Koekkoek +? Koekkoek is a good skating lefty, but we have Surge now so I don't know what the long-term plans are here. He's still got potential but hasn't established in the NHL yet.

The position of greatest depth for the Wild is LHD. There's no realistic situation where a LHD coming back is appealing.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Crazy over-payment.

On the other hand, Ottawa could be good destination if they're also trying to dump Pominville.

I might call it an overpayment, but late 1st this year doesn't hold as much value.

Not to mention Brodin is a stud, and realistically they don't have to move him.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
The position of greatest depth for the Wild is LHD. There's no realistic situation where a LHD coming back is appealing.

Fair - well we got a ton of **** in the cupboards. Come take a look. Want wingers? We got wingers. Want centers? We got centers. Only thing we don't have are goalies. Hell - we even have some sexy RHD in the system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad