Proposal: Minnesota and Isles (offseason move obviously)

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Just throwing this out there. I still believe Strome has some real talent and could amount to something special. I am not making this trade as a give up on Strome, rather as a "get out of jail free" card on Hamonic.

To Wild:
R. Strome

To Isles:
J. Brodin

The reasoning behind this trade isn't so much getting Brodin, as it is opening up a ton more options in a Hamonic trade. Instead of trying to move Hamonic for a defender, or forward that might land us a defender, we could move Strome first (obviously I mean the offseason). This would allow us to have a solid replacement for Hamonic (not perfect by any means) and we can then trade Hamonic for a forward or defender. It just gives management a ton more flexibility.

Anyway, what do you guys think? I don't think this is selling low on Strome at all because the 50 point season still makes him a pretty valuable piece and I feel Brodin is a fair return if you factor in how valuable defenseman are.

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
I'd do it if only because the team seems dead-set on refusing to let Strome play center. I don't believe he'll reach his full potential unless he does play center, so we may as well get some good value of him, and Brodin is fine value.

At certain point I'd look to get a really good offensive-D, better than Leddy. Those seem to be extremely rare though.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Good idea, that's maybe the first move the new staff will do. Would Strome be enough?

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Good idea, that's maybe the first move the new staff will do. Would Strome be enough?

Only a few Wild fans responded and said it was a fair offer. Don't know if it'd pass the GM test but seems to pass the fan test. I wouldn't want to add anything that's for sure. And since it's a defenseman it's unlikely the Wild would need to add either.

Koobs11

aka Back door Johnny
Feb 4, 2007
Adirondacks
I would do Strome for Dumba. If and when we trade Hammer his edge is not completely lost with Dumba who is having quite the season. Plays a fast game has offensive ability and plays a solid defensive game with a bit of an edge. This also keeps with the OP point of opening more options for us. Dumba also fits the bill for young RFA dman with nhl experience and talent that is still learning and growing.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I would do Strome for Dumba. If and when we trade Hammer his edge is not completely lost with Dumba who is having quite the season. Plays a fast game has offensive ability and plays a solid defensive game with a bit of an edge. This also keeps with the OP point of opening more options for us. Dumba also fits the bill for young RFA dman with nhl experience and talent that is still learning and growing.

After talking to Wild fans they are a bit split, but the ones who value Dumba more think it will cost more than Strome.

My rationale for Brodin was because I don't think we need another PMD. We are fine on that end. The knock on Brodin is he is too defensive and needs to develop his offense. Sounds a lot about what people would say about Hammer. I think Brodin is a better replacement for Hammer based on that information. Just my two cents anyway. Brodin may even become untouchable soon as the Wild were giving up 2.92 gaa while he was out with the broken foot. The rest of the time it was 2.32. Dumba just doesn't appeal to me as much.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Just throwing this out there. I still believe Strome has some real talent and could amount to something special. I am not making this trade as a give up on Strome, rather as a "get out of jail free" card on Hamonic.

To Wild:
R. Strome

To Isles:
J. Brodin

The reasoning behind this trade isn't so much getting Brodin, as it is opening up a ton more options in a Hamonic trade. Instead of trying to move Hamonic for a defender, or forward that might land us a defender, we could move Strome first (obviously I mean the offseason). This would allow us to have a solid replacement for Hamonic (not perfect by any means) and we can then trade Hamonic for a forward or defender. It just gives management a ton more flexibility.

Anyway, what do you guys think? I don't think this is selling low on Strome at all because the 50 point season still makes him a pretty valuable piece and I feel Brodin is a fair return if you factor in how valuable defenseman are.

This proposal to get Bro is excellent Teddy Brosevelt. Our D would elevate to Brozone levels of defensive efficiency. We need more and we'd get more. I love it.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

i'd actually prefer Scandella for Strome. Dumba seems to be just like CdH or Pulock. Getting Dumba means we have to fill the stay at home defense role if we trade Hamonic.

Or maybe make it Dumba and Scandella for Strome and Hamonic?

They slot in as a team and CdH and Pulock are next year's 3rd pairing . . .

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I don't follow Minnesota very closely, but I don't see what's so great about this ****ing guy. I'd rather keep Strome and hope this is a sophomore slump.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002

To Wild:
R. Strome

To Isles:
J. Brodin

i'm not happy with strome's season but i don't get the brodin hype. i've seen people say that hamonic's not really a top guy because he doesn't produce enough offence. if those people are correct, exactly what the hell is brodin? the guy is an absolute black hole offensively! secondly, it's not like brodin has outstanding possession numbers, either. like i said, i don't see why brodin is a good enough get for strome but i'm sure wild fans would think i'm off my rocker haha!

Koobs11

aka Back door Johnny
Feb 4, 2007
Adirondacks
i'd actually prefer Scandella for Strome. Dumba seems to be just like CdH or Pulock. Getting Dumba means we have to fill the stay at home defense role if we trade Hamonic.

Or maybe make it Dumba and Scandella for Strome and Hamonic?

They slot in as a team and CdH and Pulock are next year's 3rd pairing . . .

Not a bad proposal. I like Scandellas game as well. Dumba plays a lot more of a stay at home game than given credit for and wouldn't be the perfect fit to replace Hamonic. But let's be honest it will be very hard to replace him in all aspects. Dumba plays a very physical game and skates well and has an offensive edge to his game that's my main reason for targeting. I don't want to trade Strome I would like to see him as a second or third line center and stop the wing game. I think we do match up with Minnesota as trade partners pretty well though. Another reason I could see Strome being targeted they need center depth, they could go after Nelson as well but that would cost a lot and I don't want to get rid of him.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
I'd like Dumba.

NYI can get *very* creative at the draft. I think the emergence of their young players is going to allow them to take some opportunities to deal some good but limited players (Nelson or Lee or Strome) for some dynamic players.

Hamonic, Dal Colle + for Hall *or* Hamonic for Eberle + 2nd/Equivalent

Strome for Dumba

Hall-Tavares-UFA
Bailey-Nielsen-Kulemin
Lee-Barzal-Nelson
M-C-C

or

Nelson-Tavares-Eberle
Grabovski-Nielsen-Kulemin
Lee-Barzal-Kulemin
etc

Leddy-Boychuk