Minnesota 2020-2021 Affiliates Thread (Iowa Wild, Allen Americans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamms Mann

Oct 7, 2020
I don't blame you! It's completely possible. I'd just really like some sort of long term affiliation, they've bounced around so many times. If it turns out to be Allen then that's fine by me.

The K-Wings were a big rival back in my Toledo days and we went up to see them play in Kalamazoo 3-4 times maybe? It was always a good time, and their rink is one of the old dingy ones that makes minor league hockey more fun for me than our modern stadiums. I think Wings Stadium was built in the 1970s?

The Americans auctioned a lot of their jerseys off on two apps one was called Livesource and another was Dash. Easiest way to get my hands on them. I've got two Haytons and Sheehy from last year. I've got pictures up on the link in my profile of those and most of my current collection.
Nice jerseys!

Wings Stadium was/is an old barn. Cool place to see a game. Definitely a throwback to 70s hockey. ; )

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Allen is one of the teams in the E that is set to open up earlier and they've released the beginning of that schedule this week:

AMERICANS ANNOUNCE DECEMBER HOME GAME DATES

ALLEN TO PLAY FIVE HOME GAMES AT ALLEN EVENT CENTER STARTING DEC 18

ALLEN TX. — The Allen Americans Professional Hockey Club have announced the first phase of the 2020-21 season schedule, featuring the #OPENINGFIVE home games starting December 18 vs. Rapid City, ending a period of 286 days since the final game of the COVID-shortened 2019-20 season on March 7.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Mayhew = AHL Superstar, not an NHL player.

Menell = eventual top 4 two way RHD

KK = Potential NHL starting goaltender one day, at worst a quality NHL backup. Many here would prefer he was our backup this coming season, but it looks like we'll be waiting another year before that happens.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
GOALIE CJ MOTTE RETURNS TO ALLEN AFTER A SEASON IN EUROPE
Allen, Texas – The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild are proud to announce the club has signed goaltender CJ Motte, to a contract for the upcoming season.

CJ Motte returns after splitting time last year in Europe between the Coventry Blaze (EIHL), and Innsbruck HC of Austria. Motte had a .927 save percentage in 24 games with Coventry.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Bits and Bobs:

- The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild, and partner Globe Life are proud to announce that the team has signed forward Dyson Stevenson to a contract for the upcoming season. The resident of Shaunavon, SASK, returns to Allen after spending the last two seasons with the Utica Comets of the American Hockey League. During those two seasons, he played in 36 games and collected four points and 59 penalty minutes.

- Minnesotan Riley Gill will have his jersey retired by the Allen Americans on December 19th, 2020.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Allen has released their three sweaters for this season:

jerseywebsize2.png

The ECHL stuff seems like it'll get interesting as the North Division yesterday completely opted out of this 2020-2021 season (Adirondack Thunder, Brampton Beast, Maine Mariners, Newfoundland Growlers, Reading Royals and the Worcester Railers).

So if the Wild isn't going to send guys down that far to get work, they may be load up on players that are now all free agents from those teams.

Reactions: GuerinUp

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Allen has released their three sweaters for this season:

View attachment 376932

The ECHL stuff seems like it'll get interesting as the North Division yesterday completely opted out of this 2020-2021 season (Adirondack Thunder, Brampton Beast, Maine Mariners, Newfoundland Growlers, Reading Royals and the Worcester Railers).

So if the Wild isn't going to send guys down that far to get work, they may be load up on players that are now all free agents from those teams.
i like those grays

Reactions: HotDish

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Is he forced to stay in Russia due to his contract, or is Khovanov choosing to stay in the VHL over the AHL, and in an organization who doesn't like him to boot? Seems weird if it's the latter.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Is he forced to stay in Russia due to his contract, or is Khovanov choosing to stay in the VHL over the AHL, and in an organization who doesn't like him to boot? Seems weird if it's the latter.

The only mention is that they would allow him to return to the Wild midseason, but doesn't say much more than that.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
The Coralville, Iowa team has been given the go ahead for next ECHL season. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Wild move affiliates to try to get someone closer as I believe they've only done a series of 1-year deals with Allen and Iowa is a heck of a lot closer than Texas.

That said, in previous years the Wild have had Alaska, Bakersfield, Orlando, Rapid City, Quad Cities, etc. So It may not matter.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
How has beckman looked in Iowa so far?

Camp starts this week and their first games are next weekend. I am going down for the 5th and 6th games against the Stars. Excited to see how the young guys play. I will take notes and report back!

Reactions: EXTRAS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad