OT: Mini vacation in Edmonton - Any Tips/Spots to check out?

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Oh, another suggestion!

Bring your Vancouver jersey out and go to the outdoor rinks. It’s always great to see the variety of jerseys and nothing beats a game of pick up.

Other night I went out for a session was crazy for jerseys, skate blade Linden jersey, flaming horse Iginla, LA Gretzky jersey for some reason and there’s me with my shits and giggles Mark Borowiecki Winter Classic jersey hahaha.
Congratulation to you, sir or ma’am, for owning undoubtedly the WORST jersey in the city of Edmonton and surrounding areas:laugh:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You could experience an Edmonton winter ritual and come shovel my driveway.

Its of course traditional that our "what spots to check out" thread start visitors come and do that. I hope somebody told him. I like the exercise myself so no need but I'm sure your recent 8inches of snow could use some shovelling. Send him a pm to make arrangements...;)

Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
anyways before i forget OP.

go do some tobogganing on conners hill (bring some drinks to ;) )

Flying canoe festival has literally flying canoes going down a steep river valley hill, on kind of half slapped up bob sled type runs. That would be awesome. If you don't stop and hit river at least you're in a canoe...I happen to like all my bones being attached so I'm not signing up..

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Coming to Edmonton at this time of the year? I would suggest any place warm. Like inside a hotel room.;)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Just gonna mention for the skiers out there the powder snow we got this week, around 8 inches is just sitting there as perfect virgin snow to ski on. Conditions don't get better than this, and lots of ski hills around Edmonton. If my knee's could take downhill I'd be out there.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I can't wait for this snow to GTFO lol. Waiting to golf

thats the spirit hehe. These days I'm snowshoeing enjoying all the empty golf courses. Beautiful weather, conditions, no wait times, free, and I don't end up wrapping any golf clubs around trees. f*** I hate golf.

I don't really get it. Lets take up a sport where you're virtually guaranteed to develop musculature, or back or arm or shoulder ailments just from playing it and trying to get good at it.. pay tons of money to basically injure yourself with all kinds or Repetitive stress injuries... hard pass

This is hilarious.

Sports Injury Statistics Suggest: Golf is More Dangerous than Rugby - Golfsupport Blog

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
thats the spirit hehe. These days I'm snowshoeing enjoying all the empty golf courses. Beautiful weather, conditions, no wait times, free, and I don't end up wrapping any golf clubs around trees. f*** I hate golf.

I don't really get it. Lets take up a sport where you're virtually guaranteed to develop musculature, or back or arm or shoulder ailments just from playing it and trying to get good at it.. pay tons of money to basically injure yourself with all kinds or Repetitive stress injuries... hard pass

This is hilarious.

Sports Injury Statistics Suggest: Golf is More Dangerous than Rugby - Golfsupport Blog

Are you saying you suck at golf?

:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad