Rumor: Miller to Anaheim 1x1

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I mean, maybe. He hasn't won the Cup yet, he might take a huge discount for one last, real shot at it.

That brings up an interesting question. Does a backup G get his name on the cup if he fails to play 40 regular season games or any games in the finals? I would think they would but it still would require a requested and approved waiver, would it not? (Like Parros got.)

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Apologies if this has been answered, but how do bonuses on a one year deal work cap-wise? The cap hit is the base salary and any bonuses achieved will incur as a cap penalty the next season?

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Apologies if this has been answered, but how do bonuses on a one year deal work cap-wise? The cap hit is the base salary and any bonuses achieved will incur as a cap penalty the next season?

If they can fit under this year's cap, they count against this year. If they push you over this year's cap, it counts against next year.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
That brings up an interesting question. Does a backup G get his name on the cup if he fails to play 40 regular season games or any games in the finals? I would think they would but it still would require a requested and approved waiver, would it not? (Like Parros got.)

I think it counts as though he plays in the game, even if he is on the bench the whole game.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
last time we had two brothers on the team we won a cup tho...

Oh I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in, I just think we'd have to move out or demote Shaw or not have a spot for Kerdiles/Wagner. Who knows, maybe signing him would be part of the incentive for Ryan Miller taking less money than he'd probably get elsewhere.

If Drew Miller isn't offered a deal anywhere this summer I would definitely be good with Murray getting him on a camp tryout at least. I haven't watched Detroit much since they moved to the eastern conference so I don't know how much he has left. Could be done for all I know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad