GDT: Mild @ Abes | 7:30pm MT 1:57am ESPN Time | Non-Emergency Emergency GDT

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Leah Hextall reminds me a lot of Maude Lebowski.

369245ad-49e9-4f38-b447-88bd2d8dc908_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Pokecheque

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Oh I forgot, I really don't like John Buccigross. He's like Pierre McGuire and Biznasty without committing properly to either.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Oh I forgot, I really don't like John Buccigross. He's like Pierre McGuire and Biznasty without committing properly to either.
Stupid when PxP announcers think they can call players by their nicknames.

"Here comes Nate Dogg!"

God, how is it so hard to replicate Bob Cole and Gary Thorne? Surely ONE of these announcers can be good, no?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I liked Buccigross on ESPN 2Night, that was the NFL Primetime of its day. He and Barry Melrose had good chemistry and had good insight into the game back in the day, I also liked Ray Ferraro in that capacity as well.

I don't love him as a play-by-play guy though.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

"Here comes Nate Dogg!"

God, how is it so hard to replicate Bob Cole and Gary Thorne? Surely ONE of these announcers can be good, no?
There's a trend in pretty much all sport where commentators either think they are or are told to be part of the event. Social media and the way people see sports mean it's all in short bursts, and some attention-seeking gimp screeching over the top of it is part of that. It's easy to look at the classic lines of hockey commentary and say they've stood the test of time, but that's only because that's all there was. AFTER 22 YEARS RAYMOND BOURQUE worked because that's what he said, and then he shut up and let the moment be. God knows what would happen nowadays.

Oh one thing I will say for Buccigross, at least it seems like after the Dallas game someone told him there's an extra h in Nichushkin. I was watching that game pulling my teeth out listening to him and Ferraro.

Reactions: Aves Fren

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

"Here comes Nate Dogg!"

What’s worse is they confirmed that Sean “Prince Valium” McDonaugh will be calling the finals again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad