Pair Milano on top line with Panarin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Lots of talk early in the season of putting Milano on the top line with Panarin

I'm on the record being against it and remain so

Milano is doing well on the 2nd-3rd line, He will have to go up against the opponents top line/top D pair if He plays with Panarin, Milano doesn't need that at this time.

The more experienced group of 9-10-13-17-28-71 have to produce more.

yea I understand they have only played 3 games and things can change quickly, but I think there's been enough talk about the lines combos it's time for this poll.

Voting open for 3 days. Your vote can be seen by other members.

Last edited:

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
As Torts has pointed out, there are still a few aspects of his game that need work. Once he gets those things in order then maybe he gets 1st line minutes.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Why does it matter who plays with who? If he makes Panarin better, give him a shot, if he doesnt, put him back down. People have this idea that lines are final and once you put someone with someone else you can never change them.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Why does it matter who plays with who? If he makes Panarin better, give him a shot, if he doesnt, put him back down. People have this idea that lines are final and once you put someone with someone else you can never change them.
Frankly, when I voted I kind of glossed over the "top line" part of the question. I say let Panarin continue to draw attention while Milano scores ALL THE GOALS.

Reactions: Gagnefan924

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
If we need Milano to get Panarin to start producing, we have big problems. Besides, at 1.0 PPG seems like he already is producing.
I'd leave well enough alone at this point.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Frankly, when I voted I kind of glossed over the "top line" part of the question. I say let Panarin continue to draw attention while Milano scores ALL THE GOALS.

You get a cookie

milano_cookies.jpg

Did I do this right?

Reactions: Viqsi

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I'm not sure I buy the "Panarin is struggling" idea that this title is selling.

Either way, the offense is at least coming from somewhere right now. No need to break that apart.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Number of points Panarin had in his first three games in CHI last year-0. Number of points Panarin has in his first three games here -3. It's all about Saad 7points right? We're loosing!!!

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Theres no rush, but personally I see Milano plays a very similar style to Patrik Kane. Speed , size, vision, agility. Hope he continues to evolve as the season goes on.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Theres no rush, but personally I see Milano plays a very similar style to Patrik Kane. Speed , size, vision, agility. Hope he continues to evolve as the season goes on.

I remember back when we drafted him, he was compared to Kane and had pretty similar scoring for the USNTDP...went back and found some interesting quotes

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ofile-of-columbus-blue-jackets-1st-round-pick

New York Islanders scout Trent Klatt had this to stay about Milano before the draft: "Milano is simply so skilled he can do many things with a puck most others can't. One can only imagine how much time this kid spends with a stick in his hand. He's creative on the ice, slippery and as dynamic as anyone in this draft."

NHL Player Comparison
Patrick Kane of the Chicago Blackhawks. Milano has great speed and the ability to create scoring chances that other players simply cannot dream of doing. He's dynamic and can find that extra-quick burst in close like Kane.

https://www.hockeywilderness.com/2014/6/11/5798934/hw-staff-mock-draft-pick-15-sonny-milano

Mike G. Morreale of NHL.com compares Milano to Patrick Kane:

Milano will often display the offensive pop Kane showcases daily for the Stanley Cupchampion Chicago Blackhawks, but don't think for a second he doesn't enjoy getting his hands dirty in the corners to help his teammates. Milano does bring an edge to his game

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here, but Sonny certainly has the talent. Let's hope he continues to progress and put everything together!

Reactions: The Bread Man

pled

Sep 7, 2009
they both only play left wing anyway. so one of them would need to play with an uncomfort I don't see the point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad