Mikko Koivu Vs Tuomu Ruutu

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wildslip

Sep 19, 2003
Kelowna
I know Koivu isn't playingNHL but he is able too but just hasn't had the chance with the wild... and ruutu is a good player but i woulk dlike ur opionions on these guys and who is better.. thanks..

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Dude, NO COMPARISON...Ruutu any day over the week and twice on Sunday over Koivu. Koivu is a solid, two-way player and a team leader but Ruutu is one of the best young stars in the league.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Mikko.

Imagine a physically strong Saku with more defensive skill.

BTW, the only reason Mikko isn't the top centre in Minnesota is his injury. He's pegged as top dog when he returns, though Chouinard sure is making a case for pushing Mikko to the second line.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
VanIslander said:
Mikko.

BTW, the only reason Mikko isn't the top centre in Minnesota is his injury. He's pegged as top dog when he returns, though Chouinard sure is making a case for pushing Mikko to the second line.

Koivu is a second line center that is kind of slow. He's stronger than Saku but he's slower...

He has a problem with injuries...It's more bad luck than...chronic.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Koivu is a second line center.
Absolutely, but the Wild management has gone on the record saying he will be the team's #1 when he returns... it's not like there's a bona fide first line centre he'd be pushing out of the position, so the statement isn't exactly earth shattering.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
Rutuu easily for me
and BTW, there is almost nothing similar in Saku and Mikko's game.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Koivu is a second line center that is kind of slow. He's stronger than Saku but he's slower...

He has a problem with injuries...It's more bad luck than...chronic.

Ruutu has also had his share of injuries, and the type that could be more serious over time, i.e. knee.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
VanIslander said:
Mikko.

worst post ever!!! congrats!

#1 Saku is actually physically strong
#2 Saku's defensive skills are good, but you didn't said the opposite, I'm just reminding you
#3 How is Mikko like Saku in terms of offensive skills?

Jaysfanatic*

If we were comparing sets of brothers, it'd be:

The brothers Koivu > The brothers Ruutu > The brothers Grimm.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Bookman said:
Ruutu has also had his share of injuries, and the type that could be more serious over time, i.e. knee.

I don't know...Koivu has had knee injuries, a puck to the face, an infection, his appendix out, his knee again...

Knowing the Wild, a puck to the face might happen again...

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Ruutu. Mikko at this point doesn't like he'll be putting up the numbers his brother, or Tuomo for that matter, does.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
First off, I'd pick Ruutu.

Second, how can anyone compare Saku and Mikko? Thier games are just plain different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad