mike Van Ryn

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by slamming dan, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slamming dan

slamming dan Guest

Is mike Van Ryn every become a factor in the nhl.
    thanks

2. He's quitely making his case to make the Panthers this coming season. Keenan notices and Van Ryn just might force someone out that was expected to make the squad.

3. PhoPhan

PhoPhan Registered User

Whether or not he develops into a great player, he has already made himself a factor with that whole Van Ryn Loophole.

4. Heimy

Heimy Registered User

Home Page:

If you're asking whether Van Ryn will make the Panthers starting roster this season I'd say it sure looks like he's got the inside track.

In his 2 X-games he's certainly been a factor producing 1g 3a but more importantly playing sound fundamental defense. Keenan was quoted after the Colorado game saying "Van Ryn was certainly our best defenseman tonight." Since Lilja, Trnka and Gill were dressed for that game it might be interpreted that Van Ryn had just moved past them in the rankings.

Personally I was so impressed with Van Ryn in his first X-game appearance (vs Carolina) that I predicted he'd make the team. He was poised, decisive and effective. I believe he makes the Panthers better...and he's taking some of the sting out of the Mellanby-Morriset trade. :rolleyes:

5. Nick Blue

Nick Blue Registered User

Home Page:
    Well I hope he stays consistent for you guys. We saw flashes of beauty as well, but in the end he couldnt move up the Blues depth chart and didnt display the physicality (both dishing out and taking hits) to stay in the NHL. However I wish him nothing but the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.