mike Van Ryn

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolburnIsGone

slamming dan said:
Is mike Van Ryn every become a factor in the nhl.
thanks
He's quitely making his case to make the Panthers this coming season. Keenan notices and Van Ryn just might force someone out that was expected to make the squad.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Whether or not he develops into a great player, he has already made himself a factor with that whole Van Ryn Loophole.

Heimy

Feb 28, 2002
I was just here
Visit site
slamming dan said:
Is mike Van Ryn every become a factor in the nhl.
thanks

If you're asking whether Van Ryn will make the Panthers starting roster this season I'd say it sure looks like he's got the inside track.

In his 2 X-games he's certainly been a factor producing 1g 3a but more importantly playing sound fundamental defense. Keenan was quoted after the Colorado game saying "Van Ryn was certainly our best defenseman tonight." Since Lilja, Trnka and Gill were dressed for that game it might be interpreted that Van Ryn had just moved past them in the rankings.

Personally I was so impressed with Van Ryn in his first X-game appearance (vs Carolina) that I predicted he'd make the team. He was poised, decisive and effective. I believe he makes the Panthers better...and he's taking some of the sting out of the Mellanby-Morriset trade. :rolleyes:

Nick Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Well I hope he stays consistent for you guys. We saw flashes of beauty as well, but in the end he couldnt move up the Blues depth chart and didnt display the physicality (both dishing out and taking hits) to stay in the NHL. However I wish him nothing but the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad