Speculation: Mike Peca vs Dave Bolland: which one gave a better impression...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForSpareParts*

...during their short time as Leafs.

Both might have helped Toronto if they weren't injured, but I find it interesting how similar their short stay was in Toronto.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Bolland was good until he ****ed up his achilles or whatever it was. Peca didn't do much but at least we didn't give up assets for him and then he ****ed off the next off-season.

**** Bolland.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Bolland was good until he ****ed up his achilles or whatever it was. Peca didn't do much but at least we didn't give up assets for him and then he ****ed off the next off-season.

**** Bolland.

Bolland's greatest act as a Leaf was arguably leaving as a free agent. He'd have wrecked this team so bad had he accepted Nonis' offer.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Bolland's greatest act as a Leaf was arguably leaving as a free agent. He'd have wrecked this team so bad had he accepted Nonis' offer.

ya you're right. Just annoyed we gave up three picks for him.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Probably Peca. There wasn't the same kind of contract issues to worry about with him nor the same cost to acquire him. The fact that it was fairly uneventful is what makes it better than the Bolland situation :).

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
So many guys that didn't work out here. Remember Versteeg when we acquired him from Chicago
Or how about Lee Stempniak?Terrible

Xscout*

Feb 9, 2014
So many guys that didn't work out here. Remember Versteeg when we acquired him from Chicago
Or how about Lee Stempniak?Terrible

:( this thread could end up very sad.
Decent return for versteeg at the time. Ended up being percy and leivo iirc.

Stempniak still hurts steener is one of my faves currently active.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I have an Owen Nolan leafs jersey.

I have a kid named Owen so there. Many didn't like the trade, but in all honesty at the time, the Leafs needed to gamble on make their team the best 'NOW'. And players were something you could flash your wallet at and buy back then.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I liked Bolland as a Leaf to start, then he tore his Achilles and has never been the same. The trade is annoying, but I can live with it (in a vacuum, not the repeated throwing away of 2nds which was a Nonis trademark before Jim Benning). But, as stated earlier, thank god we didn't re-sign him to what he wanted.

IWD

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I have a kid named Owen so there. Many didn't like the trade, but in all honesty at the time, the Leafs needed to gamble on make their team the best 'NOW'. And players were something you could flash your wallet at and buy back then.

I thought Boyes was going to be a good one, but he ended up being pretty average. McCauley was a good depth player, but those concussions... the first? Well, a crapshoot. I was disappointed in Nolan. I was so stoked when we got him. A true powerforward with skill. It was nice watching him give Webb a beatdown, though.

Peca was great before Tucker destroyed him. Wasn't the same player on the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad