Waived: Mike Knuble

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
We already have one older than dirt (for an NHL player), way past his prime, fourth line winger masquerading as a third line winger. But I'd take Knuble over Pandolfo and Rolston.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Are you sure. because I thought that was an erroneous report?

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
We already have one older than dirt (for an NHL player), way past his prime, fourth line winger masquerading as a third line winger. But I'd take Knuble over Pandolfo and Rolston.

I wouldn't. Have you seen him play this year? He's terrible. And he seems to be in the penalty box all the time, its just unacceptable.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Im going by what 98.5 has been saying most of the afternoon. I see nothing on TSN or NHL.Com

I am going to check the Philly site

I only ask because they locked the thread on the Philly board because it was rumored to hv been retracted.

im not sure either

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Can we even absorb another contract? We're at 50 will the Fallstrom signing, correct? If not, I'd prefer him 10 times out of 10 over Pandolfo, but I doubt we waste a buyout on him...

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think he is a little less done than Pandolfo, but then I thought Rolston brought more than Pandolfo has.

I can see Chia picking him up-one more guy who is toast to dress ahead of some of the young guys in Providence.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I think he is a little less done than Pandolfo, but then I thought Rolston brought more than Pandolfo has.

I can see Chia picking him up-one more guy who is toast to dress ahead of some of the young guys in Providence.

I thought Rolston looked pretty good for us .

Always liked Knuble but don't know if he is done or not.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
How much mileage can be left on his tires? Too lazy (disinterested to check) but what's his cap hit?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
If he's truly waived id pick him up as injury support in a heart beat

Everyone wants the "sexy" big name players, never mind system or existing personnel. Go ask the Rangers of the 90s through mid '00s how well that worked.

Is Stars *Captain* Brendan Morrow less than he has been in years past, his game "significantly deteriorated," as Lyle Richards said today on TSH? Yes. Would he nonetheless constitute a solid 3rd line upgrade? Strong leadership? Yes. He would.

On a third line, or fourth line, or as a depth player in the post season, I would certainly take Mike Knuble.

And I'll take Jay Pandolfo as a short-term soldier over Chris Bourque any day of the week. He has experience & intelligence. Bourque had more than enough time to make his bones with the Bruins, skating with above average 3rd line talent. I wish him well, but he did not contribute, and he's not big enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad