OT: Mike Comrie being investigated for sexual battery

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I read that she was attacked by an ex-boyfriend and I thought what are the odds it is Comrie but never considered it might be. That's upsetting.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
According to reports, he "knew the woman for a long time", and there was another woman involved that did not file a complaint, so even though Comrie doesn't have the greatest track record, it's very possible that he is innocent.

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
What kind of pervert has sex with a battery?

------

I know this is getting into legalese and caselaw, but some words just do not mesh well in a sentence.

And do not pull out your Black's Law Dictionary on me either.

And why is this a somewhat recurring scenario with NHL players?

You'd think they have the candor and moral integrity to not commit certain acts...

Or in other cases, stay away from clear and present trouble.

--

Next time around, the NHL should really take a stance against these incidents.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
What kind of pervert has sex with a battery?

------

I know this is getting into legalese and caselaw, but some words just do not mesh well in a sentence.

And do not pull out your Black's Law Dictionary on me either.

And why is this a somewhat recurring scenario with NHL players?

You'd think they have the candor and moral integrity to not commit certain acts...

Or in other cases, stay away from clear and present trouble.

--

Next time around, the NHL should really take a stance against these incidents.

What stance? Don't have sex with someone you've known for a long time?

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
The NHL has a somewhat storied history with sexual abuse and domestic violence.

Even if some of it is bull, there's a decent portion out there that the league has tried to brush under the rug.

I'd just prefer for this league not to become like the NFL and become a complete circus.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
The NHL has a somewhat storied history with sexual abuse and domestic violence.

Even if some of it is bull, there's a decent portion out there that the league has tried to brush under the rug.

I'd just prefer for this league not to become like the NFL and become a complete circus.

It will never become like the NFL.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Just goes to show the hypocrites out there. I remember reading an article awhile back where Duff stated the thing that she liked most about Comrie was how it helped her cultivate a closer relationship to God. I'm not knocking religion and I don't expect just because you say you are Christian you are perfect. But you should still be a good human being. We'll see how it transpires.

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
Aren't sexual batteries for vibratory? What's Comrie doing with a vibratory? Did Hillary Duffy put him up to this?

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
Just goes to show the hypocrites out there. I remember reading an article awhile back where Duff stated the thing that she liked most about Comrie was how it helped her cultivate a closer relationship to God. I'm not knocking religion and I don't expect just because you say you are Christian you are perfect. But you should still be a good human being. We'll see how it transpires.
In the middle ages everyone was religious, not sure there is any correlatiin between religion and "being a good human" whatever that means.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
In the middle ages everyone was religious, not sure there is any correlatiin between religion and "being a good human" whatever that means.

Religion also didn't exist at all thousands of years ago but conflicts still existed without it. The bottom line is people can be pretty terrible to each other.

WagnerGrad96

Mar 30, 2016
West Islip, New York
Religion also didn't exist at all thousands of years ago but conflicts still existed without it. The bottom line is people can be pretty terrible to each other.

As the official Atheist Islanders Fan, I can say definitively that it is possible to be good without God.

Is it possible, though, for the Islanders to keep winning without Casey and Cal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad