Mike Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
Sorry if this has been posted before, I did a search and didn't find anything on this subject.

What the h-e-double hockey sticks happened to Mike Card? He was mentioned as being a "player to watch" last fall and kept falling in every ranking. I don't even know if he's ranked now.

Did he get hurt? Even if he faltered offensively, he still had some things he did well. Are those things now gone?

I saw him last night playing in the Mem Cup and he didn't look terrible or anything. Thanks in advance.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
I saw him play in a Giants/Rockets game just before the end of the season, and he was pretty bad. He's got great mobility and excellent raw offensive skills, but he was constantly out of position, was timid in the offensive zone, and got beat time and time again by the Giants not-exactly-spartan fourth line.

He just didn't develop this year, but with a lot of players leaving Kelowna after this year, the door is wide open for Card to step up next year and take a bigger role with the Rockets. He'd make a fine later-round selection, but he's still pretty darn raw.

Puckz

Jun 22, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
For your information, he was #204 among North American Skaters at Mid-Season and is no longer ranked... Still have a feeling a team will pick him up with a late round pick though.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I thought he was excellent in the two games in the memorial cup so far. He steped up his game, picked the right times to pinch and was great a PP quarterback. I would hope some teams picks him in the 7th or 8th round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia