Mike Card

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Lowetide, May 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lowetide

Lowetide Registered User

Sorry if this has been posted before, I did a search and didn't find anything on this subject.

What the h-e-double hockey sticks happened to Mike Card? He was mentioned as being a "player to watch" last fall and kept falling in every ranking. I don't even know if he's ranked now.

Did he get hurt? Even if he faltered offensively, he still had some things he did well. Are those things now gone?

I saw him last night playing in the Mem Cup and he didn't look terrible or anything. Thanks in advance.

2. Free Edler

Free Edler Enjoy retirement, boys.

ad copywriter
    I saw him play in a Giants/Rockets game just before the end of the season, and he was pretty bad. He's got great mobility and excellent raw offensive skills, but he was constantly out of position, was timid in the offensive zone, and got beat time and time again by the Giants not-exactly-spartan fourth line.

He just didn't develop this year, but with a lot of players leaving Kelowna after this year, the door is wide open for Card to step up next year and take a bigger role with the Rockets. He'd make a fine later-round selection, but he's still pretty darn raw.

3. Puckz

Puckz Registered User

Home Page:
    For your information, he was #204 among North American Skaters at Mid-Season and is no longer ranked... Still have a feeling a team will pick him up with a late round pick though.

4. Lowetide

Lowetide Registered User

Thanks Kirk and Puckz.

5. Jason MacIsaac

Jason MacIsaac Registered User

NWO RCN
    I thought he was excellent in the two games in the memorial cup so far. He steped up his game, picked the right times to pinch and was great a PP quarterback. I would hope some teams picks him in the 7th or 8th round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.