Midseason Media/Scout Top 10 for 2013

bidzey*

As a OS fan, I'll say it will be interesting to see how Bigras reacts at the next level. I noticed he elevates his play when under pressure. Why did he have a good playoff last year? pressure was on, why did he crack the Ivan Hlinka?, pressure was on, why did he perform so well at the top prospect game? pressure was on...

It will be interesting to see him play in the playoffs this year, and am wondering how he's gonna do when he'll probably plays at the NHL upcoming training camp... pressure will be on there too.

Last edited by a moderator:

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
A couple of things...

1. I'm glad someone else mentioned that Rychel seems to look disinterested or frustrated at times out there. His compete level isn't where it necessarily should be and I know fans in Windsor have frequently yelled out for him to get off the ice or skate harder. The kid has a ton of potential and has proven he can put the puck in the net. If he had the oomph his game 100% of the time, though, he'd be that much better.

2. While I love Domi's skill level, I have a major issue with this hit-and-run mentality. I like agitating players, but when you chirp-and-run, it leave a sour taste in my mouth. If he could lose the attitude, I'd be higher on him, but until that happens, I'd pass.

bidzey*

Top 10 CHL Prospects: March 2013

Sam Cosentino’s Top 10
1. Seth Jones
2. Jonathan Drouin
3. Nathan MacKinnon
4. Hunter Shinkaruk
5. Anthony Mantha
6. Nicolas Petan
7. Adam Erne
8. Shea Theordore
9. Nic Sorenson
10. Curtis Lazar
(I guess Sam don't like Nurse)

Patrick King’s Top 10
1. Seth Jones
2. Jonathan Drouin
3. Nathan MacKinnon
4. Darnell Nurse
5. Hunter Shinkaruk
6. Nikita Zadorov
7. Valentin Zykov
8. Adam Erne
9. Ryan Hartman
10. Max Domi

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Lodge should be ahead of both Dickinson and Bailey.

"I want to see more of him to write a better report" (quote from the article by one of the scouts)

And there lies the problem. Have they actually seen him. I don't think his size has limited him at all really. He has no problem driving the net. He was 4th among draft eligible player scoring, only behind Domi, Rychel, and Monahan. He was 20 points clear of Dickinson and 31 clear of Bailey and did so on an 8th place rebuilding team. Coach gave him the opportunity and he could he either folded under the pressure or he could do someting with. He ran with it. Defensively, yes he needs to improve but it's not like he's terrible on D, at least not enough to be outside of the top ten. He's too dynamic offensively.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad