Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
My personal rankings right now

1)Nazar
2)Moore
3)Rinzel
4)Dach
5)Del Mastro

Higher on Dach than most, just not sure he'll ever be healthy enough to show it.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
My personal rankings right now

1)Nazar
2)Moore
3)Rinzel
4)Dach
5)Del Mastro

Higher on Dach than most, just not sure he'll ever be healthy enough to show it.
Nazar is one by a mile. Rinzel has the highest upside out of anyone not named Bedard and I like Moore but his ceiling is middle six center. I like Dach's game but he's constantly hurt. EDM has a ton of tools but he's a very rough project. I'd probably but Lardis in my top five just because if he hits the talent is top shelf. Slaggert has been my guy for awhile. For the guys with questions he's my highest floor guy. Think he'll have a very long NHL career.

I also loved Jake Dowell and I'm not a pro scout.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Nazar
Moore
Rinzel
Edmonton
Lardis
Gajan
Phillips
Allan
Commesso
Kaiser
Hayes
Greene
Dach
Kantserov
Ludwinski
Slaggert
Savoie
Misiak

Just off the top of my head.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Nazar is one by a mile. Rinzel has the highest upside out of anyone not named Bedard and I like Moore but his ceiling is middle six center. I like Dach's game but he's constantly hurt. EDM has a ton of tools but he's a very rough project. I'd probably but Lardis in my top five just because if he hits the talent is top shelf. Slaggert has been my guy for awhile. For the guys with questions he's my highest floor guy. Think he'll have a very long NHL career.

I also loved Jake Dowell and I'm not a pro scouts.
When I look at the pool its not as good as I thought it would look. Also I like Ludwinski a bit this year. He's got pro feet and shot.

Reactions: scorehawks

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com

I also loved Jake Dowell and I'm not a pro scout.
Been asked a million times but Rinzels ceiling comp?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
When I look at the pool its not as good as I thought it would look. Also I like Ludwinski a bit this year. He's got pro feet and shot.

We've got a bunch of solid guys. We don't have the high upside guys.

Like we have prospects in the high teens I can absolutely see being NHL regulars. They just don't move the needle when we're talking about winning Cups.
They graduated 7 players from their prospect pool, who else can say that. They also graduated a 1st overall and a 7th overall as far as "high upside" goes. Highest remaining picks in the system are #13 in 2022 (Nazar), #18 in 2023 (Moore), #25 in 2022 (Rinzel) and #32 in 2021 (Allan), followed by a bunch of 2nd round picks (Commesso, Dach, Ludwinski, Greene, Gajan, Kantserov, Misiak) and 3rd round picks (Slaggert, Kaiser, Harding, Hayes, Savoie, Thompson, Lardis and Felcman).

I think the prospect pool is basically exactly where you'd expect in context. The highest upside guys are in the NHL right now and thus no longer qualify as prospects, headed by 2 of the 5 youngest players in the NHL. There is still a lot of good depth in the existing prospect pool and it will likely be further replenished with 7 picks in the top 3 rounds. Hopefully they can get a couple 2nd round picks to really pop off in a big way.

Chicago Blackhawks​

Previous Ranking: 2

Top Five Prospects: Oliver Moore, Frank Nazar, Adam Gajan, Ryan Greene, Nick Lardis

The Chicago Blackhawks were obviously not going to stick at the top of this list for long after Connor Bedard joined the NHL, but the success of Kevin Korchinski in the NHL is another factor that led to them dropping here. However, the fact that the Blackhawks still possess a top-10 prospect pool in the league with their two best prospects joining the NHL is remarkable. Oliver Moore and Frank Nazar look like potential top-six pieces and Adam Gajan has shown meaningful growth in the USHL as well.

Frank Nazar was a major wildcard for articles like this last season as he missed the vast majority of the season due to a hip injury. Nazar was electric at times during his draft year but needed to bounce back in a big way this season to make sure he was back on the path to becoming a great NHL player. He has done just that in the NCAA this year, scoring at a point-per-game rate while still looking as fast and shifty as ever. He creates a ton of offense for himself and his teammates and has a high compete level. Nazar may not be a center in the NHL, but he has more than enough skill to be successful as a winger in my opinion.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Like we have prospects in the high teens I can absolutely see being NHL regulars. They just don't move the needle when we're talking about winning Cups.
It looks a whole lot different if we get Celebrini. Fact of the matter is, in this day and age, no team has two full lines of A+ stars anymore. Having Bedard and Celebrini surrounded by those solid players, and maybe Nazar becoming a 1W looks damn good for the future.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I get where you're coming from, but I just don't think it's logical to give up on him after a poor showing in his rookie year at 21 years old. Especially with the lack of talent across the board on this team.
I’d be more inclined to feel this way if he had shown anything at all this year. I’d love for him to score 70 next year and we can look back and laugh. But there’s no semblance of even being in that in-between stage where he looks like he’s about to put it together. He’s been a black hole.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
For clarity and to set a firm criteria, we should use the Pronman guide for what is a prospect

It's always going to be a bit arbitrary, but this sneaks Wyatt Kaiser (23 GP this season) just into prospect, but if he gets called up once he clears concussion (maybe if a trade happens?) he graduates from it. He definitely feels prospect-y even if he hits 30 games though, as I can see him starting next season in the AHL while still waiver-exempt.

By that definition, graduated prospects this season

Connor Bedard (39 GP)
Lukas Reichel (48 GP)
Alex Vlasic (48 GP)
Kevin Korchinski (45 GP)
Cole Guttman (27 GP)
Isaak Phillips (27 GP)
Arvid Soberbom* (20 GP and 38 career GP), I guess I dunno how he views dressing as a backup, but Soderblom has dressed every game this season, so while violating my own rule on arbitrariness, I'll say that qualifies him as graduated and either way he'll probably see action in at least 5 more games in 2023-24.

That is a lot, puts the Hawks youth into perspective.

#4: Oliver Moore 58.1%
#5: Frank Nazar 100%
#6: Wyatt Kaiser 28.3%
#7: Sam Rinzel 36.7%
#8: Drew Commesso 30.7%
#9: Ethan Del Mastro 32.6%
#10: Nolan Allen 38%
#11: Ryan Greene 46.7%

#13: Roman Kantserov 35.8%

#15: Adam Gajan 24.3%

#17: Nick Lardis 45.6%
#18: Colton Dach 23.4%
#19: Martin Misiak 36.4%
#20: Gavin Hayes

From this list, I'd move Nazar ahead of Moore, it's pretty close, Moore is a year younger, but Nazar is looking really really good and had a great WJC. I'd move Del Mastro up and Kaiser down. Probably move C. Dach up (great training camp). Admittedly difficult to try and compare Kantserov with the OHL guys, but I think Hayes should move up a bit. Feel the same with Commesso and Gajan. Add in Ludwinski and Slaggert to the top 20.

#1: Frank Nazar - C (Michigan)
#2 Oliver Moore - C (Minnesota)
#3 Ethan Del Mastro - D (Rockford)
#4 Sam Rinzel - D (Minnesota)
#5 Wyatt Kaiser - D (Rockford)
#6 Colton Dach - LW (Rockford)
#7 Nolan Allan - D (Rockford)
#8 Adam Gajan - G (Green Bay)
#9 Drew Commesso - G (Rockford)
#10 Roman Kantserov - RW (Metallurg Mg)
#11 Ryan Greene - C (Boston U)
#12 Gavin Hayes - LW (Soo)
#13 Nick Lardis - LW (Brantford)
#14 Paul Ludwinski - C (Kingston)
#15 Landon Slaggert - LW (Notre Dame)
#16 Martin Misiak - C/LW/RW (Erie)
#17 Samuel Savoie - LW (Rouyn-Noranda)
#18 Louis Crevier - D (Rockford)
#19 Ilya Safonov - C (Ak Bars Kazan)
#20 Aidan Thompson - C (Denver)
#21 Victor Stjernborg - C (Vaxjo)
#22 Ryder Rolston - LW (Rockford)
#23 Connor Kelley - D (Providence)
#24 Milton Oscarsson - C (Orebro)
#25 Jiri Felcmann - C (SCL)
That will be boring summer, I only vote players that I seen play. Kaiser and Crevier, sh!t.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Getting very concerned that Dach is made of porcelain and will have a very short career. I do like that he and Lardis like to shoot the puck though. Nazar is definitely leading the pack....might be a perfect compliment to Bedard.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Kantserov is a guy that hasn't been talked about much. He looks good in the KHL. He might be small, but he is fast and smart

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Kantserov is a guy that hasn't been talked about much. He looks good in the KHL. He might be small, but he is fast and smart
Yes, at this stage of where players are, it's always hard to make comparisons. He is playing 4th line on one of the best teams in the KHL, it's like how does that compare to guys that play top line in the OHL with good stats? It's tough to make that comparison. He also did not get the chance to play in the World Juniors due to the Russia IIHF ban.

I like his game. Hopefully he can grow into a bigger role in the KHL and then be ready to come over and crack the Hawks roster.

Reactions: Castle8130

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Commesso is the guy I've just never really seen it with. He's technically sound but I'm just not and have never been impressed with him.
He looks like Corey Crawford…sound positioning gives him a non-athletic feeling. When he’s on, soaks up the puck without any fanfare.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Speaking of KHL

Kayumov and Shalunov leading Yaroslavl in scoring

Would be great to see at least Kayumov make jump. We have no talent on NHL roster so there is spot for him if he would make jump

Shalunov I assume is career KHLer at this point + He is making nearly $1M (USD) so its good for him financially to stay in KHL

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Speaking of KHL

Kayumov and Shalunov leading Yaroslavl in scoring

Would be great to see at least Kayumov make jump. We have no talent on NHL roster so there is spot for him if he would make jump

Shalunov I assume is career KHLer at this point + He is making nearly $1M (USD) so its good for him financially to stay in KHL
I’d sign both just to have them off the reserved list

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
In retrospect, Reichel at 2 is looking shaky at the moment. Hopefully he can turn it around

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad