OT: Mid season grades.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
This is where I think sometimes the mind makes assumptions based on a perception of the type of player. The truth is, he doesn't do much penalty killing. The icing thing is interesting, but does it happen enough to make any appreciable difference, especially considering the player's shortcomings? He does throw hits, though. So, there's that.

Still. 2 goals and he's getting caved in by the opposition whenever he's on the ice. Unlike last year, where you could rationalize away his deficiencies because he scored 20 goals, he's just not productive enough anymore. It's hard to justify his presence on the team at this point other than as a veteran/leader type thing, and even then it's like damn, girl.

I think that is why the OP and me gave him D's... it isn't a total F player... because of the hits and his frequency on the PK as well as vet leadership

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
-I would give Tavares a A-, he is scoring but is still a minus 2. I know plus minus can be misleading but out of all the top scores in the league guess who is the only minus player...
-ditto for Lee
- Leddy to me is a B, maybe a B-
-Clutterbuck is a B. He does a lot of the dirty/unsung hero work that no one else does.
-Ho-Sang(who I love and want back up) cannot be a B. Either incomplete or C
-Peelech is a B to B-
-Beauvillier is a C
-Quine, Prince and Kuli have to be incomplete

Reactions: dood

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009
-I would give Tavares a A-, he is scoring but is still a minus 2. I know plus minus can be misleading but out of all the top scores in the league guess who is the only minus player...
-ditto for Lee
- Leddy to me is a B, maybe a B-
-Clutterbuck is a B. He does a lot of the dirty/unsung hero work that no one else does.
-Ho-Sang(who I love and want back up) cannot be a B. Either incomplete or C
-Peelech is a B to B-
-Beauvillier is a C
-Quine, Prince and Kuli have to be incomplete

Does anyone realize how many empty net and shorthanded goals have counted against their +/- for Tavares, Lee and Bailey????? I have news for you they lead the team in +/- by in 5v5

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Pretty much inline with what I got.

Only major callouts would be Hickey & Chimera. Hickey is at worst a D grade & should be on par with Pelech and Mayfield imo, and Chimera at best is an F

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad