Mid-Season 2017-18 Top 10 Prospects - Detroit Red Wings #4 Prospect

Who is the Detroit Red Wings #4 Prospect?

• Axel Holmstrom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patrick Holway

• Kasper Kotkansalo

• Gustav Lindstrom

• Keith Petruzzelli

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
1.) Filip Hronek - RD - 20 - 6'0" 178lbs. Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic - 42.0%
2.) Michael Rasmussen - C - 18 - 6'6" 221 lbs. Surrey, BC, Canada - 53.6%
3.) Dennis Cholowski - LD - 19 - 6'1" 200 lbs. Langley, BC, Canada - 94.1%

Cholowski routed the last poll so we can go ahead and continue. Turgeon was the add.

As always vote, discuss and offer an add if you have one.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Saarijarvi for me. Can’t lie, I’ve fallen off the Svechnikov bandwagon a little. I want to see him put together a much better 2nd half.

I think Saarijarvi would have better numbers if there wasn’t such a continous clusterf*** on the GR roster. The skill set is legit though. Just needs to keep getting stronger.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Saarijarvi.

I'm a little bearish on Svechnikov. He's being outproduced by Hronek, who's both younger and a defenseman. That's just not what I want to see out of a 1st round pick scoring forward in his second year.
Something wrong with him , we should trade him during draft . His brother wanted to play with him .

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Svech, vili isn't far behind because I've never been a svech guy and he's had an off year development wise. Vili can move the puck, we need players like him on our defense.
Add pearson

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Saarijarvi for me. Can’t lie, I’ve fallen off the Svechnikov bandwagon a little. I want to see him put together a much better 2nd half.

I think Saarijarvi would have better numbers if there wasn’t such a continous cluster**** on the GR roster. The skill set is legit though. Just needs to keep getting stronger.
Would put Vili ahead but it's not like he's having an awesome year either, though that's definitely partially because of the reasons you say. Still willing to give Svech a bit of the benefit of the doubt that he's just having an off 6 months, not 100% healthy etc.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Would put Vili ahead but it's not like he's having an awesome year either, though that's definitely partially because of the reasons you say. Still willing to give Svech a bit of the benefit of the doubt that he's just having an off 6 months, not 100% healthy etc.

It is difficult to lose a year of development for sure. I don't think the health has helped him and I think he bought in a little too much to how well it went last year. He didn't look in optimum shape before the neck injury in the pre-season. With that said one thing Svechnikov does have going for him is he can play a lower line role as well. That is important with him having a very difficult year in the AHL. Remember Bertuzzi had a pretty big disaster in one of his regular seasons down there too.He can get looks lower down the lineup if that is the initial role he gets in the NHL.

I am fascinated by how Svechnikov responds during the second half after the All-star break and in the off-season. He has been a little better since the Christmas break, but he needs to be doing more. I don't think all is lost, he is still to me an upgraded version of Abdlekader in a lot of respects. But he needs to grind at it in the off-season and work to be a lot better if he wants to be more than that.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I know it probably wouldn't come to be. Quite frankly it likely won't because we should wind up drafting a player that fits into this picture in the next two draft years where we will be picking high.

But think of a top 6 of:

Athanasiou 6'2" - Larkin 6'1" - Bertuzzi 6'1"
Mantha 6'5" - Rasmussen 6'6" - Svechnikov 6'3"

That would be an absolute bear to play against in terms of speed and strength. It could be like the LA and Anaheim teams that had great success in terms of a punishing grind for opposition.

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
I know it probably wouldn't come to be. Quite frankly it likely won't because we should wind up drafting a player that fits into this picture in the next two draft years where we will be picking high.

But think of a top 6 of:

Athanasiou 6'2" - Larkin 6'1" - Bertuzzi 6'1"
Mantha 6'5" - Rasmussen 6'6" - Svechnikov 6'3"

That would be an absolute bear to play against in terms of speed and strength. It could be like the LA and Anaheim teams that had great success in terms of a punishing grind for opposition.

If things pan out like that, it would be awesome. But I don't think Bertuzzi will match up well getting first line minutes all the time and the way Svech is developing it's hard to see him in a top 6 role right now

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Kind of crazy how Svech is killing this poll. Expected Saarijarvi or someone might make it closer.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If things pan out like that, it would be awesome. But I don't think Bertuzzi will match up well getting first line minutes all the time and the way Svech is developing it's hard to see him in a top 6 role right now

It could be, but if we are lousy for three years worth of picks those are also the two you would expect to slide down into the third line roles, where they look like a real strength down there and aren't hard to imagine down the lineup and still contributing. I like them to do the grunt work with enough skill is the point of their presence.

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
It could be, but if we are lousy for three years worth of picks those are also the two you would expect to slide down into the third line roles, where they look like a real strength down there and aren't hard to imagine down the lineup and still contributing. I like them to do the grunt work with enough skill is the point of their presence.

I obviously hope Svech turns it around and can form into a top 6 player. He is hard to gauge right now because I think he is better then what he is right now. All I know these next drafts are key

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad