Mickey Gall def. CM Punk via RNC @ 2:14 at UFC 203

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'll always be a CM Punk fan, so I'll just say "best of luck" to him on this. I hope he finds what he is looking for with this.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Considering all the setbacks and how he's donein training fights (poorly), interest has died considerably.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
so his UFC will probably last about 3 minutes.

He's going to go out and get his butt kicked into orbit in 2 minutes, then announce his retirement and he can go back to doing comics and we can all forget that this was all just tremendously stupid.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
On one hand, I hope he does well and finds fullfilment in his new career. He entertained me for years and I wish him the best.

On the the other hand, the guy is such an arrogant asshat that I hope he gets his ass kicked and looks like a clown.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Was a fan at one point, but we're going on our 18th month with him saying that he's gonna fight in the UFC. I'll believe it when I see it.

I might even go as far as to say that I'd expect somebody from the Wrestling forum to make their UFC debut before Punk does.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Was a fan at one point, but we're going on our 18th month with him saying that he's gonna fight in the UFC. I'll believe it when I see it.

I might even go as far as to say that I'd expect somebody from the Wrestling forum to make their UFC debut before Punk does.

I'm in!!!!

Blammo

Christo I think I'm out

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I guarantee he is going to have some sort of game plan that won't be flashy but, will get it to the ground. I think if he can perfect a sequence into a submission that he may actually have a shot at winning. Wrestling is all choreography and he is going to need to get Mickey to play into a position that he can take him down. If he can't do that, he is going to get murked pretty quick though. The ref will probably be asked to protect him if he gets in a compromising position and is getting wailed on.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I don't know if rooting for him to fail is helpful or not. Is there even a chance he comes back to wrestling if he's a bust in the UFC?

Personally, I'd almost rather he have a good run at UFC and then come back with credibility intact. I think him returning as a failure and his tail between his legs is bad look...even if Punk diehards would still mark for him.

I wonder too if he's never coming back regardless of his UFC run. If the UFC is his last competitive stop, I'll root for him.

I wouldn't want to order 203 just to watch him...I hope there's another good fight on that card. I'm leaning towards ordering/watching 200...mostly because of the Brock factor.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I don't know if rooting for him to fail is helpful or not. Is there even a chance he comes back to wrestling if he's a bust in the UFC?

Personally, I'd almost rather he have a good run at UFC and then come back with credibility intact. I think him returning as a failure and his tail between his legs is bad look...even if Punk diehards would still mark for him.

I wonder too if he's never coming back regardless of his UFC run. If the UFC is his last competitive stop, I'll root for him.

I wouldn't want to order 203 just to watch him...I hope there's another good fight on that card. I'm leaning towards ordering/watching 200...mostly because of the Brock factor.
Miocic vs Overeem and Werdum vs Rothwell are both that night as well.

So multiple HW matchups with the best the division has to offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad