Music: Mick Mars Sues Motley Crue after being "fired": John 5 to replace him

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Surprised Mars lasted as long as he did. HE has been in rough shape for 20 years due different health reasons.

So much for the band saying yet again they would retire if one of them quit.

looks like he was fired

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Was going to say the same thing, amazing he lasted this long due to ankylosing spondylitis which is a crazy disease that fuses bones in the spine among other things. He had a good run, 40 years and he is 71.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
mick was probably the glue that held them together during the rough times until Sixx got clean .

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Surprised Mars lasted as long as he did. HE has been in rough shape for 20 years due different health reasons.

So much for the band saying yet again they would retire if one of them quit.

Longer than that!

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
John 5 is like, a top .01% player in the world and can play anything. He will be killer in Crue.

He just seems to pop in wherever he's needed, love his solo stuff. From what I've seen he doesn't sound like a giant asshole either, which is a plus given the people he's been associated with over the years.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Just went to see them play in August. Glad I did cause it ended up being one of the last live shows with the original members. John 5 will be a fantastic replacement. Thanks for the memories Mick 🤘😎

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Just went to see them play in August. Glad I did cause it ended up being one of the last live shows with the original members. John 5 will be a fantastic replacement. Thanks for the memories Mick 🤘😎

Stadium tour? Yep I went to the one here in Michigan. Sad that this will be Mick’s last putting because the sound was horrible and they obviously turned up the bass to drown out the atrocious vocals

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Stadium tour? Yep I went to the one here in Michigan. Sad that this will be Mick’s last putting because the sound was horrible and they obviously turned up the bass to drown out the atrocious vocals
I went to the Toronto show and said the same to my wife during the show that the Bass and Drums were way louder than Mick and Vince. By the time Crue got on stage all those beers made it sound better than it was lol

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
oh look, just another example of how nikki sixx is a massive piece of shit. the audacity of the guy to call out mars like that when mick's always been the only good thing about that band

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
oh look, just another example of how nikki sixx is a massive piece of shit. the audacity of the guy to call out mars like that when mick's always been the only good thing about that band
It is a money thing. Like with Henley and Fry of the Eagles. The band did Saints of LA but that did not sell well. So, they are a touring cover band.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Should have got rid of Vince while they were sacking guys

Last time I heard him it didn't even sound like he was using English
The extra weight he's carrying makes his ability to breath and sing extremely limited

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I cannot believe with the amount of wealth he has that Vince Neil won't hire himself a personal trainer, nutritionist, psychologist...whatever else to get himself into at least semi-respectable shape, similar to what he was back when Crue reunited back in the mid-2000s. It's not like he doesn't have the resources available to him given his status.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
The discovery in this case is going to be awesome

Should have got rid of Vince while they were sacking guys

Last time I heard him it didn't even sound like he was using English
The extra weight he's carrying makes his ability to breath and sing extremely limited
If rumors are to believe that’s why Mick was fired, they wanted to get rid of Vince and Mick said it’s all of us or none, and boom

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
I cannot believe with the amount of wealth he has that Vince Neil won't hire himself a personal trainer, nutritionist, psychologist...whatever else to get himself into at least semi-respectable shape, similar to what he was back when Crue reunited back in the mid-2000s. It's not like he doesn't have the resources available to him given his status.

I’m not convinced that’s weight from a bad diet/drinking habit, it looks like his liver is shot with cirrhosis

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
When that tour with Def Leppard, Poison and Joan Jett was first announced Vince did have a trainer/nutrionist and he noticeably slimmed down. Of course COVID ended up delaying the tour and the trainer/nutrionist went away and I guess so did Vince's desire to be healthy.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Mick had a lot of persistence and as some people said, he's literally in his 70s. It's a bummer it had to end like that because he did a lot of great stuff in the 80s and even the album they made with Corabi.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I am still trying to figure our which geriatric rock feud is the silliest. Crue or KISS

For those who missed it--Ace and Stanley went at it again in the media where Ace gave Stanley 7 days to apologize or he would dish some dirt on Stanley. Only to go on the radio he is too busy promoting a new CD to actually care. The lawyers obviously were involved and reminded him of some of the very dumb stuff he did in the 70's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad