Michkov vs. Fantilli

Your second overall selection in a keeper league that is points only?

• Adam Fantilli [CBJ]

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Matvei Michkov [PHI]

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
I am lucky enough to have the first two picks in a decade-old keeper league that is points only.

Bedard is my first pick (no brainer) but I'm contemplating the second overall pick.

My team is fairly strong already, so I don't "need" the immediate help and would be willing to stash Matvei if needed but I also really like the situation Fantilli is walking into in CBJ.

So, who would you take with your second overall pick in a league like this?

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
first time i was able to vote in a poll lol, feels good man.
pick fantili, michkov will be on the board later probably. get those now points first. either way you can convince whoever does pick michkov to trade him later if the rest of their team sucks, or they need help next season

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
first time i was able to vote in a poll lol, feels good man.
pick fantili, michkov will be on the board later probably. get those now points first. either way you can convince whoever does pick michkov to trade him later if the rest of their team sucks, or they need help next season
I feel like Michkov may still get snagged in earlier rounds but you're right, he may slip down the board a bit.

Part of me wants to experience the grand larceny of getting Bedard and Michkov in the same draft.

Voted Michkov.

It's just a hunch, so dont fcking bump me if Fantilli grabs the calder.
Haha, you're off the hook. No liability in this thread. Appreciate you weighing in.

Does everyone see the gap between Michkov and Fantilli to be big enough that it'd warrant him if I couldn't get Matvei in later rounds?

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
I feel like Michkov may still get snagged in earlier rounds but you're right, he may slip down the board a bit.

Part of me wants to experience the grand larceny of getting Bedard and Michkov in the same draft.

Haha, you're off the hook. No liability in this thread. Appreciate you weighing in.

Does everyone see the gap between Michkov and Fantilli to be big enough that it'd warrant him if I couldn't get Matvei in later rounds?
keep in mind michkov wont be playing hockey in north america for 3 years, so he wont get you any points for a while. by the time michkov gets here fantilli will be on his second contract and probably lighting the NHL up and michkov might need some time to adjust, so youre looking at least 4 years before michkov is producing at the level fantilli will. michkov probably is the better point producer in the long run though.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
keep in mind michkov wont be playing hockey in north america for 3 years, so he wont get you any points for a while. by the time michkov gets here fantilli will be on his second contract and probably lighting the NHL up and michkov might need some time to adjust, so youre looking at least 4 years before michkov is producing at the level fantilli will. michkov probably is the better point producer in the long run though.
Totally a fair assessment and I like the idea of just trying to trade for him if an idiot drafts him and gets impatient. Thanks again for contributing.

Reactions: tnfrs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad