Confirmed with Link: Michal Kempny agreed to a multi year deal to stay with the Caps. 4 years at 2.5 mil

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Let's go!

gpkQA5a.png

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
This isn’t 2015. Orlov’s D is much improved. Yeah he had a few rough playoff games but he was pretty stout overall.
I was pretty disappointed in Orlovs defensive play in the playoffs. He struggled more than the other dmen in the team.

Reactions: Drakon

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
If you think about it, the caps likely never hear of this guy or trade for him unless they didnt get blown out 7-1 by Chicago right before they traded for him

Reactions: calicapsfan

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Balancing term and cost ... so much depends on how well mgmt thinks he can perform - what his ceiling is and all that.
I'm guessing anywhere from $2.5mx2 to $2.95mx4. Anything at or above $3m would be a surprise.

Edit: and Oh yeah, great news!

Reactions: RandyHolt

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The afterglow of winning the Cup is still in effect for these guys. It will likely be very team-friendly, but it's not all about money.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Orpik Sucks!!!!1!

Kempny was getting worked over in front in his first month here, I was not impressed. But Todd got that cleaned up real well quick. I think Kempny has untapped O, like a lot of our Dmen. Left shot Dmen, which remains basically untapped from being shunned from glorious point producing PP time. Saves on those contracts at least.

Kempny quietly had a very solid playoffs, that one mind boggling backhander up the slot aside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad