Confirmed with Link: Michael Stone signed to 1 year 700k contract (2-way)

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Everyone needs money. Even Jeff Bezos

He needs more money than he already has? I don't think so lol. He most certainly wants more and is driven for success, but if he of all people NEEDS more in life than we are all screwed.

Doesn't mean people don't want to get paid. Plus since his family and him live here, it's makes it a lot easier for him than trying to go anywhere else

For the significantly reduced AHL salary he would get I doubt he would uproot himself at this point. I'm fairly confident he will remain on the taxi squad in Calgary, though I guess you never know.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
For the significantly reduced AHL salary he would get I doubt he would uproot himself at this point. I'm fairly confident he will remain on the taxi squad in Calgary, though I guess you never know.
He gets the AHL pay on the Taxi Squad though. But yeah, I imagine he signed with the understanding of "you're on the Taxi Squad if you clear waivers"

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
He gets the AHL pay on the Taxi Squad though. But yeah, I imagine he signed with the understanding of "you're on the Taxi Squad if you clear waivers"

That's why I made the point "uprooting himself". If he's with the team why not earn a couple hundred grand for the season or whatever.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
He needs more money than he already has? I don't think so lol. He most certainly wants more and is driven for success, but if he of all people NEEDS more in life than we are all screwed.

Yeah he'll definitely be on taxi, probably get into some games here and there, with the injury/Co-Vid protocols taking people out of the lineup. And besides that, I imagine he'll play occasionally if Ward just wants to shake up the lineup after a bad game, or occasionally to keep Stone in game shape in case he needs to be put in because of above reasons.

So he gets to stay with the teammates he's played with for years and obviously likes, in an organization that he knows, in the city his family is living in, with them a lot of the time except on road trips, getting the AHL salary on the taxi squad. Sounds like a dream job/scenario if I'm being perfectly honest. I don't see why he wouldn't take that opportunity. Plus in sports you take money and jobs as long as you can, even if it's only a bit. Because you never know when it's over. There's a good chance this could be his last season. And if he skipped this season entirely it almost surely would have been.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Nah. Death, Taxes, Stone as our replacement D. Some things are just certain. He'll be here next year, possibly as an 8th D
Wouldn't be surprised. But that wouldn't have been the case if he skipped this season entirely. Too long away for a fringe D that's older.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
upload_2021-1-27_23-30-4.gif

Reactions: Mobiandi

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
So they are going to play Stone over Kylington eh?

I wonder what team is accepting resumes for new fans.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
It pretty much went without saying that Stone would see more playing time than Kylington. He'll probably swap out with Nesterov for much of the year. Baring injury, Kylington will be lucky to get a dozen games in.
Also, I'm pretty sure Kylington was on the roster, for like half a day, last week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad