Confirmed with Link: Michael Stone signed to 1 year 700k contract (2-way)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Meh.. I certainly prefer this two way $700,00 deal over the Ritchie one.

Can anyone suggest an insurance RD thats better that Treliving could have gotten for $700,00?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
lINewxA.png

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm surprised, given the current state of Edmonton's defense, that they didn't sign him.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Does this mean he'll be on the taxi squad. Because I doubt he'd sign with the possibility of being sent down to Stockton

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I don't have an issue with this signing. This is going to be a brutal season in terms of travel and number of games within a short span. If a team suffers injury, and falters because they don't have enough depth, they could be on the outside looking in pretty quick.

Stone lives in Calgary year round with his family and knows his role. He's a good soldier and personally I don't think he's that bad.

Reactions: Sparky93

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
This does not count against the cap unless he plays.

Does he even get pay if he never gets called up?

It's a good deal for doing nothing

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I wonder how this signing will effect Kylington. I mean obviously if there's a RD injury, Stone would come in but if there's a LD injury, would it now mean that Nesterov slides over and Stone still comes in?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
This does not count against the cap unless he plays.

Does he even get pay if he never gets called up?

It's a good deal for doing nothing

No idea on the contract, but I'm guessing he probably gets like $100K for the season for being on the taxi squad (2 way deal)?

Reactions: DFF

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I wonder how this signing will effect Kylington. I mean obviously if there's a RD injury, Stone would come in but if there's a LD injury, would it now mean that Nesterov slides over and Stone still comes in?

Whatever the next Flames deal is, Kylington is probably in it. That's my guess

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
My guess is yes. I think the Flames don't want any happy wanderers on the 3rd pairing. Kylington is going to have a very short leash this season unless circumstances dictate otherwise.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
My guess is yes. I think the Flames don't want any happy wanderers on the 3rd pairing. Kylington is going to have a very short leash this season unless circumstances dictate otherwise.
Now being 8th, potential 9th in the depth charts, I could see team Kylington wanting to explore other opportunities. Not really much they can say though when he just cleared waivers. I still wouldn't be surprised to see a trade, at some point this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00