Value of: Michael Rasmussen

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Just a quick thought i was thinking about my Red Wings and changes and what would your ream offer for him?
I don’t believe Yzerman would get too many quality offers for Rasmussen at this time, Detroit would probably be better off hanging onto him for now.

Rasmussen still has some work to do in the minors developing his game, most notably is the defensive aspect of the game that has been a challenge for Rasmussen at the highest level.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Just a quick thought i was thinking about my Red Wings and changes and what would your ream offer for him?

Change of scenery type trade made me think of Borgstrom (FLA)

Both have a bit of NHL games in and middling production in one year .
Okay AHL numbers.

Borgstrom turned 23 in August and mostly injured this year, just came back recently and has 2 pts in 3 games

Rasmussen turns 22 in April. Dont know much about him other than he's a giant

Not saying either team would do it but just seems both have under performed so far.

Reactions: violaswallet

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Rasmussen
Cholowski

For

Bean
Drury

But, I'd rather see what Rasmussen turns into, then trade him at this point.

Reactions: teddygmr

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don’t believe Yzerman would get too many quality offers for Rasmussen at this time, Detroit would probably be better off hanging onto him for now.

Rasmussen still has some work to do in the minors developing his game, most notably is the defensive aspect of the game that has been a challenge for Rasmussen at the highest level.

Rasmussen was really good when healthy last year in particular defensively. But when he was in the lineup for the Griffins he was their best player most nights, generally him or Seider. Looked good as a #1C at the AHL level. He does need to stay healthy and get more assertive, but he is progressing.

I don't think he has value worth moving on from for the Wings right now, they seem intent on transitioning him into a giant shutdown center at least when Horcoff and Yzerman talk about him. We will see, I mean yeah a good offer and they move on, but I don't think that is coming and his value to the Wings is probably more than it is to anyone else, curious to see him when the season starts, they have put him in a league with callback ability for that reason in my opinion.

He is a longer development guy, Wings fans need to calm down and get more patient here. He should be a very good #3C with PP/PK weapon if they let him develop, he could still be more if it really all does come together. He will take longer, big guys generally do, but if they are patient I really like what Rasmussen can become.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Detroit would be stupid to trade Ras right now.

Also, people ridiculously undervalue him because he backtracked from the NHL to the AHL, when realistically, he never should've been in the NHL in the first place and only went there because he was clearly not going to benefit from playing in the CHL. Ras is the type of player that gets f***ed over by the NHL/AHL/CHL agreement.

Last edited:

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
There is a way too large of a group of Wings fans who hate this kid just because the Wings passed on Vlardi and at this point it looks like there was good reason.

Just R E L A X. He got some good experience and NHL coaching in his first year now he just needs some proper development time. I'm not expecting a perennial all star or anything here but he will be a good player who can fill some important roles on the team.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
There is a way too large of a group of Wings fans who hate this kid just because the Wings passed on Vlardi and at this point it looks like there was good reason.

Just R E L A X. He got some good experience and NHL coaching in his first year now he just needs some proper development time. I'm not expecting a perennial all star or anything here but he will be a good player who can fill some important roles on the team.

this is like saying Justin Abdelkader is an NHL forward

I mean....I guess it's technically true

anyways count me in the camp that the Wings are unlikely to get an offer good enough right now for it to be worth not just waiting and seeing how he turns out

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Change of scenery type trade made me think of Borgstrom (FLA)

Both have a bit of NHL games in and middling production in one year .
Okay AHL numbers.

Borgstrom turned 23 in August and mostly injured this year, just came back recently and has 2 pts in 3 games

Rasmussen turns 22 in April. Dont know much about him other than he's a giant

Not saying either team would do it but just seems both have under performed so far.
I thought the same thing: it makes a lot of sense for Florida. It looks like MR is not projecting to be a top 6 center which is fine with the Barkov-Lundell depth.

Not sure if I see the best logic for Detroit: Borgstrom is two draft years older and had a worse AHL season last year. On flip side, Borg probably has more higher end potential demonstrated during his post draft career. I can’t help but feel that MR might become a Boyle-esque piece.

We would probably need to add and I just don’t think Detroit would do it?

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
this is like saying Justin Abdelkader is an NHL forward

I mean....I guess it's technically true

anyways count me in the camp that the Wings are unlikely to get an offer good enough right now for it to be worth not just waiting and seeing how he turns out
No, it has absolutely nothing to do with Abdelkader.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Rasmussen was really good when healthy last year in particular defensively. But when he was in the lineup for the Griffins he was their best player most nights, generally him or Seider. Looked good as a #1C at the AHL level. He does need to stay healthy and get more assertive, but he is progressing.

I don't think he has value worth moving on from for the Wings right now, they seem intent on transitioning him into a giant shutdown center at least when Horcoff and Yzerman talk about him. We will see, I mean yeah a good offer and they move on, but I don't think that is coming and his value to the Wings is probably more than it is to anyone else, curious to see him when the season starts, they have put him in a league with callback ability for that reason in my opinion.

He is a longer development guy, Wings fans need to calm down and get more patient here. He should be a very good #3C with PP/PK weapon if they let him develop, he could still be more if it really all does come together. He will take longer, big guys generally do, but if they are patient I really like what Rasmussen can become.
He will be a 50+ 2 way 2c

I would love to have him on the Canucks, but don’t see a deal to be made unless Detroit is interested in swapping him for Gaudette.

Reactions: teddygmr

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Rasmussen to Buffalo only if Risto and Rousto are on the team too. Poor RJ would be so confused.

He already calls Risto Rasmussen sometimes due, in part, to former Sabre Eric Rasmussen from the cup run in 99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad