Memorial Cup Thread?

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
First game i have seen the Rockets play and they have been absolutely shredded by Quebec. Quebec have just misfired on the final pass or shot and that is the only reason why this is not a 6 goal spread.

I was honestly not expecting this kind of a game although I am sure Kelowna will adjust as the week goes on and Quebec is riding the wave of being home.

Tomorrow's matchup of Oshawa's giant forwards vs Rimouski's giant D should be entertaining.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
First game i have seen the Rockets play and they have been absolutely shredded by Quebec. Quebec have just misfired on the final pass or shot and that is the only reason why this is not a 6 goal spread.

I was honestly not expecting this kind of a game although I am sure Kelowna will adjust as the week goes on and Quebec is riding the wave of being home.

Tomorrow's matchup of Oshawa's giant forwards vs Rimouski's giant D should be entertaining.

I am rooting for Oshawa to win the memorial cup. That should definitely be a great game.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan

I have seen a few of Rockets games this year and this has been the worst game i have seen...they will be better next game...Morrissey and Bowey usually are very good but not tonight...

9 minutes left...see what happens...

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
That was a crazy shot

Fucale though. While they were reviewing the play he was ready to go.:laugh::laugh:

It's still very weird for me to see Fucale in a remparts jersey after 4 and a half years seeing him play live 2-3 nights a week. Great to see he's rebounded after last years playoffs.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
It's still very weird for me to see Fucale in a remparts jersey after 4 and a half years seeing him play live 2-3 nights a week. Great to see he's rebounded after last years playoffs.

Ya, after seeing him for so long in a Mooseheads jersey this very weird. And I barely even watch QMJHL games.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Ernie ices it. Happy fans in the Pepsi collisie! (my french is terrible so that's probably misspelled.)

I know there are a few Kelowna fans hovering around, what happened to that '94 born Flyers prospect? Is he hurt?

DJ Omnimaga

Sep 23, 2012
Québec City area
codewalr.us
Attendance: 9497

Hopefully we can beat 2003 attendance average for this tournament. I wonder if 2003 is still the record avg attendance for Memorial Cup?

That said, I don't get why they charge minimum $40 for adult tickets for junior hockey when you can attend NHL Coyotes games for free...

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS

Hopefully we can beat 2003 attendance average for this tournament. I wonder if 2003 is still the record avg attendance for Memorial Cup?

That said, I don't get why they charge minimum $40 for adult tickets for junior hockey when you can attend NHL Coyotes games for free...

40$ oh gross. Yea that's expensive compared to the average sub-20$ price for regular season games...

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States

What! Is that for the memorial cup or regular season games? I wouldn't mind paying that much for memorial cup games but not for regular season games.

Fucale has the composure of Price.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Game done...congrats to Quebec as they deserved it

Kelownas best players just didn't show up;crazy amount of turnovers and dumb passes... Whistle played well though...

DJ Omnimaga

Sep 23, 2012
Québec City area
codewalr.us
What! Is that for the memorial cup or regular season games? I wouldn't mind paying that much for memorial cup games but not for regular season games.

Fucale has the composure of Price.

Regular season is $15 or $15.50 if I remember correctly, but it was free for kids under 6, half price for kids under 12 and about $11 for students/seniors.

Next season prices will go up due to the move to Centre Videotron, but I heard that many seats will be priced lower than this year.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Ernie ices it. Happy fans in the Pepsi collisie! (my french is terrible so that's probably misspelled.)

I know there are a few Kelowna fans hovering around, what happened to that '94 born Flyers prospect? Is he hurt?

Goulbourne?

He got a lacerated calf earlier in the playoffs and is gone for rest of year...

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Goulbourne?

He got a lacerated calf earlier in the playoffs and is gone for rest of year...

Ooof... that sounds like it sucks.

Yea he's who I was thinking of. Crappy way to end your junior career. I feel for guys who don't get to go out on their own terms. Trey Lewis had his overage season ended by injury last year.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Well I was impressed with the quality and skill of the game. I thought Quebec was definitely the better team. They missed so many open nets etc. And really thought it was poor reffing in the last minute. Trying to get Kelowna back in the game.

I hope all the games are like this.

Usually I end up turning the channel or flipping around. But this kept my attention.

JeffForsberg21

Jul 11, 2004
Quebec
Before the game, I predicted a 5-1, 6-2 range win by Kelowna (only base on what I heard of them and how they lead the WHL) but seeing the game it's clear that QMJHL is close or ahead of WHL, the Remparts missed so many chances and still win the game. This could have been 7-2 easily for Quebec. But something tell me that Kelowna will rebound (hopefully against Oshawa and Rimouski) and I feel that the final next sunday will be between those 2 teams

AnAceOfKidneys

May 2, 2014

just wondering why the upper levels were empty for last night's game? Are they normally open?

Shame to see the Colisee come to an end, beautiful vintage building.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad