GDT: Memorial Cup Game #2: Peterborough Petes (Brennan Othmann) vs Kamloops Blazers - 6PM NHL NETWORK

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
The NHL seems to push draft "rivalries" (Taylor v. Tyler, Kakko v. Hughes, Laf v. Hughes, comparing Bedard to McDavid mostly based on both being top tier players named "Connor") more than geographical/historical/current play rivalries (BOS v. MTL a handful of years ago being one example).

There's just typically not that same type of 70s/80s/90s vitriol in today's game for any extended period.

There are too many teams now. When you only play a team 3 or 4 times a season, and sometimes not for months at at time, the hatred cannot build.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I think Othmann plays the game Laviolette likes. I always thought he’d need time in HFD but I think the odds are increasing that he’ll make the team out of camp.

Shadowtron

Feb 27, 2002
Earth
That was a fine hit. And It wasn’t the hardest I’ve seen him throw either. Absolutely zero wrong there, just unfortunate for Masters. Bagging on Othmann for that hit by folks on this board is just so predictable. Kid plays hard, buzzer to buzzer, no matter the score. He’s exactly what this team needs, attitude wise.

He’s what the team needs. Panarin is what the fans deserve lol!!

Reactions: bhamill
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad