GDT: Memorial Cup Fina Seattle Thunderbirds vs Quebec Remparts (is this Patrick Roy cosching his last junior game, is Roy coming back to NHL with Rangers?)

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
One thing that's almost guaranteed.....unless the Rangers win a Stanley Cup right off the love affair with their new coach won't last more than a year and maybe not even that long.

Don't know if Patrick Roy will be the right guy......actually there probably isn't a right guy. Everyone has their quirks.....everyone is going to get second guessed. Keefe if he becomes available or Leach might be just as good anyway.

But anyway if Roy were to be the next Rangers coach maybe that would be a positive thing for Lafreniere. Also the Remparts played a very structured counterattacking game that depended a lot on good defensive play. Roy being a former goalie and Igor being our best player might be a good fit. Also I think we have the defensive horses where we could play a better defensive structured game as a team. Mentioned on the telecast tonight that Roy and Francois Allaire (Benoit's brother) had a long term relationship in the NHL.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Please no Keefe. He had 4 incredible forwards and every year Dubas found different types of players to fill in behind those 4 and Keefe still could not find a way to in more than 1 playoff round during his time there. Yes you can say goaltending was average but I dont want to hear it. He had good spurts from different goalies and just look at Vegas who is in the cup finals with a bit of a journeyman and Florida with a guy who everyone thought the career was over.

We need a coach who can push these guys. We need a balance of connecting with the players but again demanding consistent effort. We dont need someone to be their friend. And we need someone who will be able to make adjustments based on the opponent they are playing for the sake of winning the damn game.

I have no idea who provides that or who they should hire at this point, especially with Sullivan not available. But I would rather Patrick Roy than a lot of the other options out there, as especially Hynes. f*** no to Hynes. Leach or Knoblauch intrigue me but where this team is right now I think it is too risky for Drury to go that route. While the team is young in overall age, they are playoff matured.

Reactions: Jackson Ranger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad