• Paul Albers (Vancouver)
• Michal Sersen (Quebec)

Forwards
• Alexander Radulov (Quebec)
• Gilbert Brule (Vancouver)
• Adam Pineault (Moncton)

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
2 jackets forwards, i love seeing that :) also 2 guys who fell to us(1 in the first, 1 in the second) that we are lucky to have

Corona-12

May 17, 2006
BC, Canada
penkil2 said:
ALL-STAR TEAM OF THE TOURNAMENT
Goaltender
• Cédrick Desjardins (Quebec)

Defencemen
• Paul Albers (Vancouver)
• Michal Sersen (Quebec)

Forwards
• Alexander Radulov (Quebec)
• Gilbert Brule (Vancouver)
• Adam Pineault (Moncton)

Is this "your" choices?
If not...Franson should be ahead of Alberts, he did not play bad. Also Pineault didn't do that much offensivly at all. He had 1 goal and 2 assists. Guys like Brad Marchand, Pierre Lacroix, and Jordan LaVallee stood out more. ESPECIALLY Marchand.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The choice of Pineault is an interesting one. I certainly thought he looked good, but didn't seem to get the results out of some nice effort and play. Still, I would have guessed Karsums or Dupuis would have got it from Moncton. Nice to see Pineault get recognized for what were a few good games (at least the ones I saw).

puckgoalnet

Feb 23, 2003
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Dr.Sens(e) said:
The choice of Pineault is an interesting one. I certainly thought he looked good, but didn't seem to get the results out of some nice effort and play. Still, I would have guessed Karsums or Dupuis would have got it from Moncton. Nice to see Pineault get recognized for what were a few good games (at least the ones I saw).

I didn't get to watch any of the games ... but as a Columbus fan I'm interested in hearing what those who have been able to watch Pineault and Dupuis think about their game. Where would you project them to in the NHL? How long before you think they're ready?

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
puckgoalnet said:
I didn't get to watch any of the games ... but as a Columbus fan I'm interested in hearing what those who have been able to watch Pineault and Dupuis think about their game. Where would you project them to in the NHL? How long before you think they're ready?

Well, you can see right away he has speed, power and energy - he stands out. He also has one heck of a shot - just missed a few more goals and it's clearly a powerful one (the commentators commented on how the team sets up for his shot and the guys in front are a bit afraid of it). He also turned into a good penalty killer with Moncton over the last half of the season and from what I saw, displayed a few nice moves in getting to the next. He seems to be more of a scorer than playmaker.

In the end, he does not have elite vision or imagination and will need to find a roll as a trigger man with a team. But clearly he can also fill a checking roll, which should help him find his way to Columbus sooner than if he were just trying to crack a scoring line.

I would say he has at least a year in the AHL, perhaps a year of splitting time in the AHL after that and then a few years on a checking line in Columbus. By that time, you'll know whether you have a solid checker who gets you 10-15 goals, or a nice trigger man/poor man's power forward who is ready to step up and get you 25 goals on a scoring line. Either way, he looks like a decent and fairly safe prospect at this point - something you probably would not have said a year ago. I don't think you'll ever see a 70-80 point season out of him, but 25 goals and 50 points might be doable if he progresses and finds a roll with the right linemates.

phil macrackin

Sep 28, 2005
Substitute Dupuis for Pineault and Yandle for Albers and you'd have a more realistic all-star team. Pineault and Albers played well, but Dupuis and Yandle were awesome - especially in the championship game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad