Post-Game Talk: Meltdown In Cowtown - Jets Lose 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
I realize that and much more.

Do you think the Jets can win with our best players playing this poorly?

define poorly. our best players (scheif, wheeler, trouba, ehlers, laine etc.) were still our best players in both games. our abysmal scoring depth, horrific coverage and special teams were what sank us. that....is coaching. nothing more unfortunately (for you ;))

the top 6 will revert back to it's normal self, same goes for the PP with some better luck (even if it's not a huge increase) the bottom 6 and PK however... you can't say the same. they are always this bad

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
define poorly. our best players (scheif, wheeler, trouba, ehlers, laine etc.) were still our best players in both games. our abysmal scoring depth, horrific coverage and special teams were what sank us. that....is coaching. nothing more unfortunately (for you ;))

the top 6 will revert back to it's normal self, same goes for the PP with some better luck (even if it's not a huge increase) the bottom 6 and PK however... you can't say the same. they are always this bad

I expect our team to win on Monday. I am nowhere near the ledge

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Its 2 early to panic and honestly id like to see a vet get traded b4 maurice goes.. As much as i think mo is a huge problem... Letting the vets get away with quitting on another coach is crazy.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Its 2 early to panic and honestly id like to see a vet get traded b4 maurice goes.. As much as i think mo is a huge problem... Letting the vets get away with quitting on another coach is crazy.

I agree the vets need to be held accountable. Buff and wheeler haven't been good enough...

Reactions: JetBlue420

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017

What exactly do you think trading a vet would do to help Jets win?

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
What exactly do you think trading a vet would do to help Jets win?

Sends a message that the players are part of the problem. I mean really they have been here longer than Mo. They quit on Noel.. They gonna get to quit on another coach also? It sends the message that if u are underperforming there are real consequences. Plus im sure they would get something nice in return also. Yup cuz keeping them all for 6 years now has resulted in so many wins.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Sends a message that the players are part of the problem. I mean really they have been here longer than Mo. They quit on Noel.. They gonna get to quit on another coach also? It sends the message that if u are underperforming there are real consequences. Plus im sure they would get something nice in return also. Yup cuz keeping them all for 6 years now has resulted in so many wins.

I think a trade has to happen before a coaching move but Mo is still on my hot seat, trade or no trade.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Once the buffs and wheelers are gone then you will see... Once the scheifs troubas ehlers laines are the true leaders.. Things will change.

What message do u think buff and wheeler coasting and sucking sends to the young guys? This is your captain and assistant.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Once the buffs and wheelers are gone then you will see... Once the scheifs troubas ehlers laines are the true leaders.. Things will change.

What message do u think buff and wheeler coasting and sucking sends to the young guys? This is your captain and assistant.

Don’t excuse the young guys actions. They were just as complicit last night. Scheif has an “A” last time I checked and I’m pretty sure Laine I saw Laine playing selfish too. The idea that the vets are the sole problem is ludicrous.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Don’t excuse the young guys actions. They were just as complicit last night. Scheif has an “A” last time I checked and I’m pretty sure Laine I saw Laine playing selfish too. The idea that the vets are the sole problem is ludicrous.

The vets are the leaders of the team. You sound like Maurice here. Vets can do no wrong right.. Throw the sophomores under the bus instead.

Reactions: CaptainChef

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017

So because a coach isn't doing his job by holding the players accountable for their actions, the players should be traded.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
The vets are the leaders of the team. You sound like Maurice here. Vets can do no wrong right.. Throw the sophomores under the bus instead.

So why does Scheif have an “A” then if he isn’t a leader? Are you in the dressing room? I never said the vets can’t do any wrong unless you can’t read. You are literally putting words in my mouth.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
So because a coach isn't doing his job by holding the players accountable for their actions, the players should be traded.

Some of these players quit on one coach already. Why do they deserve another? I mean really... Maurice has shown hes pretty good with the kids actually.. Its the vets who get away with everything. Buff coasting last night... 25 minutes. Why? Cuz mo doesnt own the room... Buff does. Wheeler does.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Some of these players quit on one coach already. Why do they deserve another? I mean really... Maurice has shown hes pretty good with the kids actually.. Its the vets who get away with everything. Buff coasting last night... 25 minutes. Why? Cuz mo doesnt own the room... Buff does. Wheeler does.

Why do the Vets get away with everything? Because coach isn't doing his job. When coach isn't doing his job he should be fired.

And about this quitting on coaches thing. Chevy said that big part of why Maurice got an extension because after last season the players liked him. That has changed in 2 games? And every team quits on coaches at some point. This doesn't mean that you hurry to trade your best players.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Why do the Vets get away with everything? Because coach isn't doing his job. When coach isn't doing his job he should be fired.

And about this quitting on coaches thing. Chevy said that big part of why Maurice got an extension because after last season the players liked him. That has changed in 2 games? And every team quits on coaches. This doesn't mean that you hurry to trade your best players.

Maybe its time to realize that buff wheeler little toby aren't our best players anymore?

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Maybe its time to realize that buff wheeler little toby aren't our best players anymore?

Wheeler is 100%. Buff is too no matter how lazy he looked last night. The whole team crumbled last season with out Little. Toby isn't very great and his contract ends after this season, so trading him just makes LD weaker and gives back a mid round draft pick.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Those guys have been here the longest.. Its time to move on from 1 or 2. Ppl talk about wheeler and how We probably cant sign him to a new deal but u suggest trading him and yup...

Something big needs to change. Fire the coach? Go 4 it... But it wont change much.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
And now Wheeler is the scapegoat :laugh:

You can't make this **** up.
Scapegoat? he displays a lazy attitude(remember that goal where he started attacking before he should have, costing a goal against?), the team fails at things taking care of which should be the leadership's responsibility, he just doesn't have a handle on captaincy at all.

He's not a scapegoat, he's responsible. In fact, it's amazing how hard some are trying to not point at the leading players like Wheeler, Little Scheifele when looking at issues with the first few games.

Reactions: JetBlue420

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Hes the captain. The leader. What has he done so far? He has no answers either. Wheeler has sucked

You would think that the guy who averaged 76 points over the last two seasons and always has been a '+' player in every relevant metric (be it goalz, Corgis, Star WARs or whatever) would get at least some benefit of doubt, coming off a preseason with heavy line juggling, after which PauMau decided to go with the line that was the worst top6 line defensively last year (Ehlers-Little-Laine) and a completely dysfunctional bottom6 in front of a new goalie and an even more passive PK, having his first "maintenance day" just today. Nope. Judge him by the first two games.

And I thought Edmontonians were bad when they ran Taylor Hall out of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad