Injury Report: Melker

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
His legs still work, he's good to go!
I'd be really surprised if he played tonight. Even assuming it wasn't separated, it's gonna be sore as hell. Trying to play a 4th-line physical game with one shoulder doesn't seem like it would be worth it, especially with Radil and Suomela ready to go in

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
As much as I don't want to see him get hurt, I was actually looking forward to see how the 4th line played without him (just to get another look). Hilarious that after what happened in EDM he might not even miss a game :laugh: always finding a way to disappoint the fans

Reactions: Sandisfan

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
As much as I don't want to see him get hurt, I was actually looking forward to see how the 4th line played without him (just to get another look). Hilarious that after what happened in EDM he might not even miss a game :laugh: always finding a way to disappoint the fans

Am very surprised that Melker is good to go. The way he left the ice last game made me think it was going to be a long term injury. And while I didn't want Melker to get injured, with him and potentially Gambrell both out I was thinking that maybe we would see True as the 4C. I kind of figured Radil would end up playing if just one was out though, so not too surprised.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
I know nothing of seperated/dislocated shoulders, although I have nursed a tear in my labrum, but I’ve seen fighters fight immediately after getting a shoulder popped back into place.

Pardon my naivety, but isn’t that totally possible thats all that happened?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I know nothing of seperated/dislocated shoulders, although I have nursed a tear in my labrum, but I’ve seen fighters fight immediately after getting a shoulder popped back into place.

Pardon my naivety, but isn’t that totally possible thats all that happened?

I used to pop my shoulder out like every week when i was in highschool.

It hurt for a couple days and then the pain would go away. But i was still able to do everything with it, just in pain.

But a 4 day tournament of hockey i got injured day 2 of it and then by the final game i was able to go again.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
I used to pop my shoulder out like every week when i was in highschool.

It hurt for a couple days and then the pain would go away. But i was still able to do everything with it, just in pain.

But a 4 day tournament of hockey i got injured day 2 of it and then by the final game i was able to go again.

Thanks for some color on this and am happy you got to play your final game in the tourney (how'd you do?). As a fellow player I know how much it sucks to lose games, especially tournaments, to injuries. I'm dealing with one right now :(

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Thanks for some color on this and am happy you got to play your final game in the tourney (how'd you do?). As a fellow player I know how much it sucks to lose games, especially tournaments, to injuries. I'm dealing with one right now :(

i sucked as always lol. as i got older and older i got worse and worse. but injuries did have some help in that lol. i dislocated my left shoulder in practice once which made me miss a few months and when i came back i was never the same. and then when that shoulder healed the other shoulder seemed to pop out of place every time it would move in a certain way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad