Injury Report: Melker

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Minimum 6 weeks I would guess. He either dislocated his shoulder or broke his collarbone the way the arm was hanging when he walked off the ice.

Reactions: Clowe Me

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
He also clutched his stomach with both hands when he was on the ice. And the way he was sitting when the trainer came out didn't look like a shoulder either.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Looked like he got cross checked in the rib cage. Could be a cracked rib?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Minimum 6 weeks I would guess. He either dislocated his shoulder or broke his collarbone the way the arm was hanging when he walked off the ice.
He was dragging the right arm, for sure. Me and my wife were saying the same thing when it happened.

DeBoer's reaction was great. Was like watching a dad yell when he sees another kid hurt his kid.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Speculation on Barracuda pregame that Suomela might be recalled to replace Melker in lineup for Monday's game.

(As it's a 1pm start, he could be on a flight tonight from LAX or wherever to head to Vancouver.)

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Speculation on Barracuda pregame that Suomela might be recalled to replace Melker in lineup for Monday's game.

(As it's a 1pm start, he could be on a flight tonight from LAX or wherever to head to Vancouver.)

So would Suomela have to fly back on his own too, since he didn't initially fly with the team to Canada?

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
That doesn't look like a nasty hit at all. Probably the shoulder got stuck and he dislocated it ? Goodrow coming flying into the other guy after would seem more painful

Yeah, not incredibly hard, but that last shove must have been at just the right angle to tweak something. Shoulders are funny joints.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad