Recalled/Assigned: Melchiori re-assigned, Trouba gets green light

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Melchiori got re-assigned to St John's today and the team takes off for New Jersey in the afternoon. So I guess Trouba's probably good to go? It'd be strange to set off on a road trip without that extra defenseman otherwise.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@RickRalphTSN: #NHLJets Jacob Trouba will be a game time decision Monday vs Devils.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So who comes out.... Pardy? Stuart? Ellerby?

Gotta think It'll be Pardy wish it was Stu

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
@RickRalphTSN: #NHLJets Jacob Trouba will be a game time decision Monday vs Devils.

Great news! Looking forward to seeing him play, would guess that Pardy will be the odd man out, if it was me it would be Stu.

PS

Please make the wolverine and polaris pop ups disappear!:rant:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Here comes the ****storm about, 'Why is Stuart playing instead of <some other 3rd pairing guy> in every thread now. Peluso-Thornburn-gate all over again.

In the case of Pardy it's because he is more effective than Stu, more mobile and plays a more physical game.

ThorNburn in any hockey lineup is a head scratcher, over Peluso ridiculous.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Great news! Looking forward to seeing him play, would guess that Pardy will be the odd man out, if it was me it would be Stu.

PS

Agree 100%! That rollover Polaris add is really starting to piss me off.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
In the case of Pardy it's because he is more effective than Stu, more mobile and plays a more physical game.

ThorNburn in any hockey lineup is a head scratcher, over Peluso ridiculous.

Depth players. To me Peluso is a better fighter. Only 15 games in the NHL. Marginal improvement perhaps over Thorburn, but neither of these guys are that noticeable out there, aside from the rare time they score...whether it be a Thorburn 'toe drag solo-effort goal but not really', or a Peluso wrap-around.

As for Pardy being more physical, I don't know about that at all. Stuart has 31 hits in 13 games. Pardy has 21 hits in 15 games.

In any case I'm just weary about debates about this depth-guy-instead-of-that-depth guy showing up in every GDT. :rant:

Who cares, Trouba is back!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
For everyone who is upset about the ads, remember, 1 paltry loonie a month makes them go bye bye. This is a huge site and servers staff and maintenance all costs money.

:D

This message is brought to you by the Bacon Wave :tm:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Depth players. To me Peluso is a better fighter. Only 15 games in the NHL. Marginal improvement perhaps over Thorburn, but neither of these guys are that noticeable out there, aside from the rare time they score...whether it be a Thorburn 'toe drag solo-effort goal but not really', or a Peluso wrap-around.

As for Pardy being more physical, I don't know about that at all. Stuart has 31 hits in 13 games. Pardy has 21 hits in 15 games.

In any case I'm just weary about debates about this depth-guy-instead-of-that-depth guy showing up in every GDT. :rant:

Who cares, Trouba is back!

This is a chat board, it's part of the team. You should ice the very best players available every game. That is how you give yourself the best chance of winning.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Here comes the ****storm about, 'Why is Stuart playing instead of <some other 3rd pairing guy>' in every thread now. Peluso-Thornburn-gate all over again.

Some people overreact, and I don't agree to all the acclaimed "injustices"... however... if a particular player is better no mater how marginal, it's the right decision.

Especially in a sport with so much parity and chance.

All players affect the game, although 3rd pairing d-men have much larger influence on the game than 4th line forwards.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

PS

Agree 100%! That rollover Polaris add is really starting to piss me off.

Can we buy a polaris and get rid of the pop up , seriously hate it.

So I was not alone there, good things there are people pissed by this I thought I was just crazy.

Get off your wallets boys.....$1 a month and no ads....best money i ever spent.....brought to you by a board sponsor ;):sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad