Meeting today 6/22?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taranis_24

Jan 6, 2004
Visit site
Anyone know if they are meeting again today? Or, is this another Wednesday where the sides work internally... Just wondering haven't heard or seen anything down here. Our great neighbors up north is there anything being said in the media.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If there is anymore internal meetings there is legitimate reason to be concerned.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Im sure they are meeting, but there keeping everything quiet now that they are at the end of the tunnel.

Cat Called Bobcat

Dec 3, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Well, in this article from yesterday there's this little note:

A tentative deal could be announced any time in the next two weeks. Lawyers are drafting the agreement as talks continue daily in Toronto this week.

So, looks like they're meeting every day this week, though it doesn't say who is/who isn't present.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
chiavsfan said:
Says who?

Yesterday's CBA talks lasted until midnight and they were entirely between the union and the owners. The talks will pick up again this morning. I asked an NHL executive about Robert Esche's comments about the CBA being settled by July 1st and his comments were "I have no idea, but Robert Esche is my hero" Glad to see a sense of humour is prevailing during these lengthy talks. Since the talks are going late and often and there is a light heartedness in the air even on just a few hours of sleep, things must be going well and a resolution is upon us.

The meeting yesterday expanded beyond the four that were in discussions last week. One extra person was their on both sides, Bettman, Goodenow, Gartner and Linden were not in attendance, no players were present.

http://www.640toronto.com/news/toro...923aPBIny&wids=410&gi=1&gm=toronto_sports.cfm

chiavsfan

Jaded-Fan said:
Yesterday's CBA talks lasted until midnight and they were entirely between the union and the owners. The talks will pick up again this morning. I asked an NHL executive about Robert Esche's comments about the CBA being settled by July 1st and his comments were "I have no idea, but Robert Esche is my hero" Glad to see a sense of humour is prevailing during these lengthy talks. Since the talks are going late and often and there is a light heartedness in the air even on just a few hours of sleep, things must be going well and a resolution is upon us.

The meeting yesterday expanded beyond the four that were in discussions last week. One extra person was their on both sides, Bettman, Goodenow, Gartner and Linden were not in attendance, no players were present.

http://www.640toronto.com/news/toro...923aPBIny&wids=410&gi=1&gm=toronto_sports.cfm

Thank ya sir

Taranis_24

Jan 6, 2004
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:

W/o GB, BG, Gartner and Linden seems like the only ones meeting are the lawyers. Is it wrong to assume then that all negotiations could be done and just writing up the document and double-checking for loopholes?

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Taranis_24 said:
W/o GB, BG, Gartner and Linden seems like the only ones meeting are the lawyers. Is it wrong to assume then that all negotiations could be done and just writing up the document and double-checking for loopholes?

I was thinking the same thing. Leave it up to the lawyers to drag their feet :D

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
JWI19 said:
I was thinking the same thing. Leave it up to the lawyers to drag their feet :D

After the NHL got burned by the loopholes in the last CBA (that many at the time seem to have thought to be an owner's win) . . . can you blame them for checking, double checking . . . then checking again?

habfan4

Jul 16, 2002
Deus Amat Pretzel
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:
After the NHL got burned by the loopholes in the last CBA (that many at the time seem to have thought to be an owner's win) . . . can you blame them for checking, double checking . . . then checking again?

No doubt all the while being billed, doubled billed and billed again ;)

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
A week after the signing of the new CBA the league will hold another lockout stating that excessive legal fees have altered the landscape of the NHL. :shakehead ;)

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
London Knights said:
A week after the signing of the new CBA the league will hold another lockout stating that excessive legal fees have altered the landscape of the NHL. :shakehead ;)
Modano's dog would go up for colateral to pay for the legal fees.

Taranis_24

Jan 6, 2004
Visit site
futurcorerock said:
Modano's dog would go up for colateral to pay for the legal fees.

Man, is Modano ever going to live this down? Give the guy a break he has tried making amends (TSN interview a few months ago) since making this remark.

i am dave

Mar 9, 2004
Corner of 1st & 1st
Taranis_24 said:
Man, is Modano ever going to live this down? Give the guy a break he has tried making amends (TSN interview a few months ago) since making this remark.

The short answer to your question is "No."

The short response to your follow-up remark is "So what?"

;)

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
PitkanenPower said:
The short answer to your question is "No."

The short response to your follow-up remark is "So what?"

;)

It reflects their opinion of the fans, and owners are equally guilty. My favourite two are Linden's "Take your kids to the park if you can't afford tickets - it's not our problem," and an NBA player last time around saying, "I need twenty g's a month just for walkin' around money."

Honourable mention goes to Gretzky's "Two more weeks and (the owners) would have had us," in 1995.

Think before you speak, or expect to see it over and over again.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Taranis_24 said:
Apologies or not, he's going down in infamy for what he's said. But if it makes you feel better, we'll put Bryan McCabe's career up for collateral :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad