News Article: Meet the woman behind the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

marigolds

Jun 29, 2012
From the P-D
http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/...cle_903604a5-fb11-5cb3-999a-359464481c3d.html

Emily Rothschild is the woman with the now famous Long Live the Note shirt, and in a more positive article than some that have been out there. Unfortunately, she has been the subject of some negative attention, but she is turning that around to raise money for the Komen foundation.

And yes, her family has had those seats for seven years. Her daughter is probably better know to us...
FirmGleefulArieltoucan-size_restricted.gif

Yep, that's right, the famous Jon Cooper taunter is Emily Rothschild's daughter Lilly.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I have wondered a few times if she knew about the attention certain parts of her were getting and how she felt about it. I figured "objectified" was pretty likely. Its obvious from the multiple shots, framing of those shots and time left lingering on those shots that the cameramen are intentionally trying to include her chest in the shot. There is no reason to zoom in on a coach and hold the shot for 10 seconds unless he is being interviewed. They zoom in perfectly to capture just a certain area with no obstruction. People on the internet, of course, react with no thought that there is a real person attached that may not be comfortable having her chest become an internet meme. I am glad she is using her notoriety for a good cause. I don't think they caught her in such an obvious shot this last game. I wonder if NBC avoided it after reading something like this article, or if she is more conscience of her positioning now.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Wear something that doesn't show your cleavage then? I mean what are you expecting to happen when you are sitting right behind a coach on national television?

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Man her family has shelled out a hell of a lot of money for those seats for 7 years?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad