Value of: McNabb, Whitecloud or Hague

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Do the Golden Knights sell one of their defensemen for salary cap reasons? If I have understood correctly, they also need one roster spot for Korczak? Or do they have enough cap space without it? If they are selling one of these defensemen, what would be their value?

The Devils would be interested in McNabb if he is available.

Last edited:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Vegas doesn't sell players like that. They LTIR them until they need them.

They are playing 3D chess while the rest of the GMs are playing by the rules.

Reactions: rams and Morrison

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Whitecloud seems like he'd be the easiest to move. Doesn't have trade protection like McNabb and Vegas has an in house replacement with Korczak. Although CapFriendly only has a 5 team no trade for McNabb so that might not be as hard to move as I initially thought. McNabb's deal was frontloaded so he's also cheap-ish in real dollars (2.2 mil in salary vs 2.85 mil AAV) which might appeal to certain clubs.

Moving McNabb would probably mean Shea Theodore shifting back to the left side.

Reactions: Monsieur Verdoux

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Whitecloud should pull a hefty return. (would love him on the Avs)
Seems way too cap friendly to be the candidate to move though

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Unless the plan is to move Theodore I'd say it's a near certainty Whitecloud or Mcnabb is getting moved this summer. Korczak is too good not to be playing nightly and Hague has the versatility of playing both sides.

Ledge And Dairy

I think they would try to sell high on Roy before they touch their D-core, Their elite defense is what makes them a constant contender. Hague definitely isn't going anywhere and Whitecloud is on a great deal. Their issue is more that Korczak is not waiver exempt this summer. Maybe a deal around Roy and Korczak if they want to make cap space for Marchessault

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
McNabb would have the Leafs interested. He's exactly what they're missing.

Hague is a capable top 4 dman. He's been paired with Pietrangelo here and there throughout the season and he did not look out place.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It seems like Whitecloud would be the best return in pure futures which Vegas could then use again near the deadline to make their usual roster injection late in the season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
His contract gives them a lot of flexibility though

Also true. Having seen how Vegas tends to operate from go big or stay home I would think they would do what they can to get maximum value so that in the spring, they have maximum available assets to make their next big acquisition.

Reactions: Jared Dunn

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
None. It will be Pietrangelo who is sacrificed this summer. He'll get to pick which young and upcoming team with cap space he gets traded to and Vegas will get next to nothing in return.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
None. It will be Pietrangelo who is sacrificed this summer. He'll get to pick which young and upcoming team with cap space he gets traded to and Vegas will get next to nothing in return.
Why would he accept the trade?

Unless the plan is to move Theodore I'd say it's a near certainty Whitecloud or Mcnabb is getting moved this summer. Korczak is too good not to be playing nightly and Hague has the versatility of playing both sides.
Any thoughts on their value?

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
do they need to trade anyone if they let UFAs martinez, carrier, mantha, stephenson & marchessault leave? thats near 19million in cap space

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
do they need to trade anyone if they let UFAs martinez, carrier, mantha, stephenson & marchessault leave? thats near 19million in cap space

No but they kind of need to sign Marchessault. Letting him walk would leave a pretty big hole on the wing. The rest of the UFA's I expect to walk.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Do the Golden Knights sell one of their defensemen for salary cap reasons? If I have understood correctly, they also need one roster spot for Korczak? Or do they have enough cap space without it? If they are selling one of these defensemen, what would be their value?

Depending on how the playoffs shake out, don’t be surprised if Shea Theodore is the one traded. Wouldn’t even be surprised if they try moving Pietrangelo if they get Theodore signed.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
They are 9/7/2 at around $80M
Lehner is $5M LTIR

If they use 5 $1M or less contracts using LTIR space thry can have a full 23 man roster with some space.

Thry could also trade Theodore….

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo

Vegas with cap problem? Nope. We just got to figure out who will be going on the LTIR and for how long

Reactions: HairyKneel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad