Post-Game Talk: McMann vs McBoys, Leafs win 6-3

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Feels like our depth scoring has really come alive the last couple months. Bert, Domi, McMann especially. Robertson, and Holmberg too. If this can hold up, it makes us a far deeper, harder team to shutdown.

hopefully Knies can find his game and cut down on the penalties because he could be a big playoff x-factor in the forward group.

Reactions: kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Time to switch sports my friend. If you couldn't enjoy those first two periods by the Leafs, then you're not a fan of this team. My friend turned to me during the game and said "wouldn't this be a great SC Finals". I have to agree. Both teams exhibited some animosity towards each other which only adds to the excitement of watching. The fact we now stand up for each other and even initiate physical contact is a bonus to all the skill we possess.
Sadly has not - and never has been - a fan of the Leafs. Username gives it away....a purely tr**l ing name for a tr**ling account. Thinks being a 'sponsor' gives free reign to tr**l any board.

That may have been the most entertaining game of the season.....it had everything....hits, goals, fights. The team played like a team that had each other's backs.

Reactions: garce and bax

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Feels like our depth scoring has really come alive the last couple months. Bert, Domi, McMann especially. Robertson, and Holmberg too. If this can hold up, it makes us a far deeper, harder team to shutdown.

hopefully Knies can find his game and cut down on the penalties because he could be a big playoff x-factor in the forward group.
We don’t have a lot to go on here but if the Tampa series was any indicator it sure feels like knies will be one of those guys who steps up in big moments. Fingers crossed

Sadly has not - and never has been - a fan of the Leafs. Username gives it away....a purely tr**l ing name for a tr**ling account. Thinks being a 'sponsor' gives free reign to tr**l any board.

That may have been the most entertaining game of the season.....it had everything....hits, goals, fights. The team played like a team that had each other's backs.
It was awesome. Up three goals near the end and I’m pacing the room lol love games like this and it’s baffling how anyone can’t.

Reactions: kb

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
You're joking but I've had the pleasure of playing pick-up hockey with some real players and it's a real thing. It's almost like it can't go wrong being on the ice with them. Have your stick on the ice and they put it on the tape every time. Pass it to them within a 20 foot radius, they grab it every time. Hockey has so many levels of talent it's ridiculous. Those people are in a different universe than me.
Playing with pro players at any level with any sports will open the eyes of amateurs.
Still remembered playing rugby with recently retired professional and international players. Not only their fitness level were off the charts but they were just so quick mentally to move to the right spot. It seemed like the opposing team were always running into their directions. Actually got MVP(I am not a good player at all) in one of the games, where I just followed them the whole time, bc I made the most hits and tackles.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
McDiver, there I said it.

Look at the extension on the first penalty, and another where he didn’t get the call also in the 1st.
Yep, even my wife said that it was a 'dive' worthy of a 10 from the Russian judge if only he wasn't banned from the competition.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
You gotta be stupid or drunk or both to tap Tie Domi in any context... my immediate thought is you stupid MFer.

I saw him in person once and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I would seriously doubt he was more than 5-9" and more than 160lbs. Not kidding or exaggerating. It gave me far more respect for him knowing the guys he routinely fought. In my opinion, the toughest guy (pound for pound) in the history of the league.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I saw him in person once and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I would seriously doubt he was more than 5-9" and more than 160lbs. Not kidding or exaggerating. It gave me far more respect for him knowing the guys he routinely fought. In my opinion, the toughest guy (pound for pound) in the history of the league.
Yep and I think he was listed as 5’8.
Also, he rarely gets cut or bruises when he fought.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Playing with pro players at any level with any sports will open the eyes of amateurs.
Still remembered playing rugby with recently retired professional and international players. Not only their fitness level were off the charts but they were just so quick mentally to move to the right spot. It seemed like the opposing team were always running into their directions. Actually got MVP(I am not a good player at all) in one of the games, where I just followed them the whole time, bc I made the most hits and tackles.

Couldn't agree more. The other thing I'd say is those calling these guys meatheads are the actual meatheads. You simply can't make it to that level without intelligence. I'm a structural engineer and do not think as quickly as the worst player in the NHL and I'm not ashamed to say it.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Couldn't agree more. The other thing I'd say is those calling these guys meatheads are the actual meatheads. You simply can't make it to that level without intelligence. I'm a structural engineer and do not think as quickly as the worst player in the NHL and I'm not ashamed to say it.
100%. They process the game on a completely different level.
I admit that some pro players might not sound smart or intelligence when it comes to daily stuff but when it comes to their sports, they are genius level intellect.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Being out manned 2-1 on every puck tends to do that

I mean they could press for every puck, but tired legs usually means fishing that same puck out of your own net.
Aren't we tired because of defending in your own end and cannot get a change

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
crazy how different the game is called for some players. compare this to what Timmins got called for.

I think there's a *bit* of skill and timing in the way guys like Edmundson and Chiarot (and Chara) are able to get away with these things, but it's only a guess since the NHL is nuts.

Some of the factors I notice are frequency of these fouls, so it just looks like you're playing hard vs making one infraction while playing choir boy hockey otherwise. I would *guess* how close your hands are together, choked up high on your own stick vs wider apart so it's not a lumber on body contact, so you're working in a shove and a punch. And no obvious change in possession, like you didn't crosscheck a guy who had the puck and was going to do something with it, but it was a give and go play and you whacked him, so there's no obvious turnover. And when you're slashing, avoid the hands and feet but go to town on legs, body, etc. so they feel it but it doesn't impede skating or puck carrying.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I can't say I've ever cheered for the Sens, but an 0 - 2 ontario weekend would be hilarious for the oiler fanbase

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I'm not going to lie. When he took the shot up high..killed time..and then threw his head forward to knock his helmet off..killing more time..I was thinking to myself "Oilers are pressing here..lots of PP opportunities..I think Sammy's trying to buy some time..interrupt the momentum"..then he's down on the ice hurt and I'm asking myself maybe he's buying time again? Oh no maybe he's really hurt? Then I saw the quote from Keefe post game and I can't lie I sorta thought the same as you.
Yup. I absolutely believe this.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
So what your saying is you can’t run your slide rule and abacus that fast…..

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

He's a lefty too so , add in the fact you are taught as a hockey fighter to fight righties, advantage Tie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad