Confirmed with Link: McMann re-signs 2 years 1.35M per

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Excellent signing can play LW on any line .. can score .. a solid 2-way game with some grit too .. expect him to contribute in playoffs .. A+ move for Tre

Reactions: bax

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Perfect kind of player for a 3rd line. Someone who has tons to prove, can play higher in the lineup in a pinch, scores reasonably at 5on5, and doesn't cost much more than a million per season.

McMann is the kind of 3rd liner we needed instead of Kerfoot when was here. I liked Kerf, but you can't pay 3.5 mill for someone to do that job.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
This overpayment comments here are so typical of the shiny object syndrome of some Leaf fans. Sure, pay offensive stars $11M+ who have great regular seasons stats but continually get shutdown in the playoffs because of lack bite and depth throughout the lineup. But find big, quick, rugged players who can also contribute offensively when the stars are being shutdown and fans think $1.35M for a blossoming player who would be a UFA is too much. Haven’t we learned that the studs and duds approach to building a cup contender doesn’t work. Teams that spread talent, size, tenacity and physicality throughout the lineup are the ones going deep in the playoffs every season. Not the teams spending 50% of their cap space on four forwards. I hope the Leafs continue to develop the McMann’s of the world and pay them enough to keep them from walking out the door.

Reactions: seventieslord

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
When is the last time the Leafs resigned a pending UFA after the trade deadline?

I can't remember one.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
paythatmanhismoney.gif

Reactions: aingefan

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Yup, or Dubas would have flipped him at the deadline for a ballerina.
Nic Petan was moved at TDL. We could have flipped McMann for him, dammit! Nic Freakin’ Petan, dammit, and we blew it!!!!

Joking aside, like everything about this.

He worked hard and has been rewarded.

Credit to Treliving to prioritize getting him extended to a contract that makes sense on both sides.

Benoit is next!

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
"Thats a great contract", "Nothing" i think for myself. And then i realize i would never have to work again if i had the same salary for 2 years. He deserves it , but it makes you think.

Reactions: TMLife17

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Happy to have this guy as a 3LW for the next couple of years. Who could play up or down in our lineup. Wouldn't hate seeing Steeves make the squad at some point. Cheap wingers, good motors, finish hits, and a bit of scoring touch.
Congrats on the deal McMann!

Reactions: banks

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Nic Petan was moved at TDL. We could have flipped McMann for him, dammit! Nic Freakin’ Petan, dammit, and we blew it!!!!

Joking aside, like everything about this.

He worked hard and has been rewarded.

Credit to Treliving to prioritize getting him extended to a contract that makes sense on both sides.

Benoit is next!
I know people like to crap on him, but I have a soft spot for the Nic Petans of the hockey world. He was pretty composed with the puck, had good vision, hands and could read plays well.

Of course, I have a soft spot for McManns and Holls and Marchments too.

Benny actually follows this path, so I’m down with him too.

And next will be Steeves.

Reactions: banks

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
If we didn't resign him people would complain. And then add him to the list of players we let slip away, Hyman, Marchment, and trading away guys like Verhaeghe and Moore.

Reactions: hullsy47

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad