Youtube: McLaren just DROPS Dziurzynski!!! **YT Post #75**

Brozak

i scoreded a goal
May 30, 2009
Kitchener, ON
I didn't enjoy that as much as I wanted to. First, I have no idea who this Sens call up is, he's just a random kid with a Sens sweater on and McLaren obliterates him.

Nobody likes to see that in our sport, but KO's happen. This just happened to be one of the uglier ones and it kind of makes you second guess whether or not fighting should be allowed (I maintain that fighting should still be allowed).

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Ian Mendes said:
‏@ian_mendes
McLaren himself was cut for 8 stitches in that fight. Said it was "a lucky punch" that caught Dziurzynski.

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes
McLaren said he tried to find out through team staff how Dziurzynski was doing in between periods. Said he's concerned for him right now.

It is nice to see when players respect each other. I can only imagine how bad he feels right now.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Yeah, as much as I enjoy watching our guys win fights, that one wasn't enjoyable at all really.

I don't even have any opinion on Dziurzynski, haven't seen him enough in a Sens uniform and he's never done anything to make me angry. The way his legs twitched was disturbing.

A guy like Zack Smith or Chris Neil would've made that a bit easier to stomach, but either way you don't want to see that happen to anyone.

Oct 10, 2010
Just too add, i don't think we'll see this type of brutal KO in a very, very longtime time.. Guys are not going to be as risky after seeing this happen.

Polo*

From the looks of that video Lucic won that he landed some bombs. I think it would be the other way around now...that Mclaren guy looks like a beast when fighting

Polo*

I just watched the post game presser and Mclaren was talking to the media. He said he asked for the fight but DD said no..and then the puck dropped and DD just threw down his gloves and wanted to fight.

He got a couple of punches in there is a cut on his chin and on the side of his face. Obv it was a beat down but the sens player atleast I got a punch of two in before being destroyed.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
On the bright side, that kid will be cashing in an NHL paycheque for the next long while. I don't imagine he'll be playing anytime soon.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Brutal KO. Frazer is a big kid that pretty much knew he had to be able to fight to make it to the NHL. Hes a good guy and like most tough guys..doesn't really enjoy his job but has to make a living. Hope D.D. is ok.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Just too add, i don't think we'll see this type of brutal KO in a very, very longtime time.. Guys are not going to be as risky after seeing this happen.

Yeah the Jay beagle effect is such a deterrant. Fighting is up.

Hope the kid is okay and makes a full and speedy recovery

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Many of you don't like to see this. Would you rather watch two guys holding on for dear life instead? If the NHL allows for fighting you have to expect to see this every so often.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Brutal KO. Frazer is a big kid that pretty much knew he had to be able to fight to make it to the NHL. Hes a good guy and like most tough guys..doesn't really enjoy his job but has to make a living. Hope D.D. is ok.

Yeah, I noticed he looked quite concerned from the penalty box.

Hope D-zi is going to be okay.

Kulleroinen*

KTFO. I guess he won't be dropping the gloves again anytime soon.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

You're right, only because it is a rare thing, not because players will be more timid. As bad as it is to say, this kid is a nobody arouud the league, so it won't have much effect. A big name might change things, but even then I doubt it.

Fitch89

Sep 11, 2011
It was nice to see McLaren was legitimately concerned for DD even right after the fight. But what the hell is with the staged fighting 20 seconds into a game? That's one thing I definitely haven't missed this year with the Sens, I think that's the first unprovoked fight I've seen this season.

James Reimer

I Stop Pucks
Oct 25, 2011
Toronto
Hate to see any player hit the ice face first like that...

Ottawa kid landed 2 good ones on McLaren in the beginning and I thought he was going to win... then that happens.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Yeah right, since when does "GO LEAFS GO!" after a guy was ko'd laying completely motionless on the ice, respect?

When you win a fight that convincingly and with a KO like that the crowd is obviously going to be pumped up. Plus they gave respect to him by clapping for him when he got up and went to the dressing room. Stop acting like he got murdered or something. It's a fight he agreed to go and he got his ass handed to him, simple as that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad