McKenzie sums it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

officeglen

Oct 6, 2002
Eastern Ontario
Visit site
Bob reporting the facts again. Soon these few reality intruders will all be replaced by the more popular Commentators and Bloggers who enhance the news one way or the other to get the most attention and reaction.

WhalerBoy

Jul 22, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Lou is God said:
And what's that?

The last reply I read before going to sleep was yours, and now so is the first just 5 hours later. Not sure if you slept at all, now I get why your a mod! good work Lou!

and I still trust Bob McK before all others, but I hope in this case he is just being a prudent reporter and not rushing to judgement based on talk, no action. Lets hope he is just waiting for something concrete to confirm more.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
ScottyBowman said:
He seems like a fence sitter to me.

i think hes sitting on the fence only because
A) too much optimism
B) players don't know whats going on so they deny everything
C) thinks owners won't go higher than 42.5, but i'm pretty sure if it goes to vote, it won't be unanimous, but it will be over 50%

SharkGirl27

Jan 23, 2005
San Jose, CA
Would the NHL/NHLPA really risk the even more devestating PR hit they are going to take with the fans if a deal isn't reached this time around? I mean Wed. was the darkest day in NHL history, and now stories are leaking that a deal has/will be reached, fans hope get up again, do they really have the b***s to shatter them again? If they do it just reinforces that despite claims to the contrary by each side neither side really gives a **** about the people who really matter!

WhalerBoy

Jul 22, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
ScottyBowman said:
He seems like a fence sitter to me.

Thats not an accurate label. Until yesterday, he was one guy who was ALWAYS saying a deal is far far away. Even on Tuesday when everyone was saying a deal was close, on both sides of the media, he kept re-iterating how far apart he thought they were.

I got all my high hopes from what he said at7 and 11pm, but then he killed me AGAIN with his commentary at 2am. Source says a deal a longshot? Not going to happen? STOP! :banghead:

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
WhalerBoy said:
The last reply I read before going to sleep was yours, and now so is the first just 5 hours later. Not sure if you slept at all, now I get why your a mod! good work Lou!

He's just a die-hard hockey fan :)

leafaholix*

Munchausen said:
And for a journalist, this is a bad thing because...?
:teach:

True.

If he wasn't a journalist and was just a guy on TSN, blabbering about the NHL, we'd have most of you people on HF complaining how much he loves the Maple Leafs and how much of a homer he is (since I read he grew up a Leafs fan).

I think the fact that he's been a journalist for so long has taught him that you have to be objective and neutral. That's what he is... he's definitely doesn't throw around careless optimism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad