McKenzie on Mojo (Vancouver) right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
http://mojoradio.ca/

At the moment, he's discussing how the PA wants linkage only if it's upward linkage... that they want to share in the rewards should revenues rise, but don't want to assume any risk.

He's taking calls.

Updates on what he said please, considering Vancouver is 3000 miles away

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
Sorry, I guess he was just about done with the segment when I caught it. He was actually just taking calls at that point... he took a few more, I think... nothing earth-shattering... wasn't sure if NHL would wind up allowing employees, etc. to paticipate in Worlds. (BTW, I'm also far from Vancouver--in the Denver area--and was just listening on mojoradio.ca)

Jazz

Bobby Mac has a sense of humour when on the radio...

When talking about the NFL starting their revenue sharing in the 1960s
  • "I don't know much about NFL history, but Pierre MacGuire followed it closer back in the day when he had hair"
When the host mentioned something that Brian Burke said on the show yesterday, Bob asked
  • "Has he calmed down yet?" (refering to the TSN clip vs Healy)

One thing he mentioned is he is pretty sure that Bettman does not have only the 8 needed to veto a deal if Bettman does not endorse it - according to Bob there are 14-16 owners who are firmly on Bettman's side. There are about 12 who would like to play now, and the remaining 2-4 can go either way...

One interesting thing he mentioned is that someone in the NHLPA is monitoring hockey writers and whenever a writer mentions an opinion that is not pro-PA, it goes up on the PA website (The Source) and players are encouraged to not talk to that hockey writer.. :eek: Also, whenever players pop off about the PA stance, they are berated on the PA site by other players in very harsh terms etc. He ended saying that he does not agree with all this because any union/PA should encourage differing views..

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
There's a reason why unions and the mafia are linked so inextricably.
They both have the same core beliefs, and use the same "negotiating" tactics.

shveik

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
PecaFan said:
There's a reason why unions and the mafia are linked so inextricably.
They both have the same core beliefs, and use the same "negotiating" tactics.

Well, lessee

Theodore Roosevelt said:
Speak softly and carry a big stick...

Al Capone said:
You can get more with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone

Notice any similarities?

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Gurj said:
One thing he mentioned is he is pretty sure that Bettman does not have only the 8 needed to veto a deal if Bettman does not endorse it - according to Bob there are 14-16 owners who are firmly on Bettman's side. There are about 12 who would like to play now, and the remaining 2-4 can go either way...

So the owners are split down the middle? Dont hear much about that do we?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
shveik said:
Well, lessee

Theodore Roosevelt: Speak softly and carry a big stick...

Al Capone: You can get more with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone

Notice any similarities?

Classic!

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
thinkwild said:
So the owners are split down the middle? Dont hear much about that do we?

We hear a hell of a lot more about how the owners feel than how the players are feel. So what percentage of players would play under a salary cap of $42.5m? Who knows, the NHLPA won't let anyone find out.

At the very least it dispells the argument that its Bettman and only 8 stingy owners ruining it for the other 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad